dane26 is offline Retired Moderator

bench press record

i went to a deadlift and bench press competition this saturday and watched a 49 year old man bench 525! he set a new world record, breaking the old one by 25 lbs. if some of you guys haven't watched a powerlifting comp, you have to go. it's pretty intense

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I've been to a few powerlifting compititions. Its amazing what some people can lift. It inspired me to enter a couple of small bench press compititions myself several years ago. After seeing a powerlifting meet it always gave me a new boost to hit the gym harder.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Power to the old people!!

I have a friend who,s an ex powerlifting champion and he,s 5,5 and approx 170lbs and he,s over 55 and looks good.He lifts weights that just don,t seem real he,s awesome.

I guess the saying never to old comes to mind

Sir hugenstein is offline Junior Member
    There is a 40 yr old guy where I work out that claims to do 535, but that with some bounce, not pause press.
    Anthony Clark can do 805. or something like that. Thats a lot of weight to be dropping on your chest.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I can do 15lbs. 2 whole times.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: bench press record

Originally posted by dane26
    i went to a deadlift and bench press competition this saturday and watched a 49 year old man bench 525! he set a new world record, breaking the old one by 25 lbs. if some of you guys haven't watched a powerlifting comp, you have to go. it's pretty intense
    Absolutely ! That is why I am into PLing....it's an incredible sport just like BBing.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i powerlifted competitively for 6-7 years in the early to mid 90's, and i loved it.

anthony clarks brother, larry, owns a little supplement shop next door to one of the gyms i work out at, and he is a strong bastard also. anthony set the bench press record at 805, but was later disqualified for using a reverse grip. hell, thats even harder! he still owns the teenage world record in the bench press though. its like 545 or in that range, i'm not sure.

BK you will have to stop posting your pics in your avatar I get disheartened looking them LOL

805 thats a lot of weight.Anyone ever watch the stongman contests like worlds strongest man? how the hell those guys get the weight of the floor amazes me I mean squatting 2 1/2 tonnes !!

IwillGrow! is offline Junior Member
    ..and i can only lift 190kgr for 8reps

Thats a 190 kg more than me at the moment!!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Little Girl
    Hey Dane! Was the comp at the ProGym in Mtl?

At my last comp, there was a 13years old girl, 90lbs who did a 220lbs deadlift! Without a powersuit! I wish I would of start at that age!

Powerlifting is great! It's you against you all the time! At my last comp, I wasn't satisfied of my bp and squat because I already did better than that in the gym but I was soooo proud of my deadlift. When I'm braking records, I'm proud but it's nothing like braking your own records! My best deadlift is 310lbs at 118lbs. I will never forget the feeling I had that day!

LG
    Little Girl,

That's great. The feeling you get when you break a record, even if it's just your own personal record is awesome. I just love PLing.

Hey Dane! Was the comp at the ProGym in Mtl?

LG
    no...it was here in NY.

Sorry Dane, I don't know why but I thought you were Canadian too...
    LG
    sometimes i feel like one....between the weather and the huge canadian influence on this board. i gots love for my north of the border brothers and sisters

Thread Information