HansVonSchnittchen is offline Junior Member

Took 4 months off, now I'm back

I took 4 months off and now I'm gettin back into it. I'm not using any cycles nor have I in the past. Just wondering how long it has taken for most of you to get back to where you knew you were before from a long layoff. Stopped lifting in October and was probably the strongest I had ever been, then started again in February, It has been about a month, I know it's gonna take, longer, but I am just frustrated, becuase weight that I easily threw up months ago, is hard as hell right now. I just wanna start doing heavy sets and ****. I can't fricken wait, but patience is virtue, ****. Just wanted to know others experiences with layoffs. thanks.

-Hans

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I've only taken one extended layoff since I started lifting. For me it took forever to come back, for most people though after a few weeks you start to get a feel for the weights and your muscles remember how to balance them and it's all uphill from there. good luck

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck on the return...I have surgery coming up and will have a 4 month lay off...defiantely hate that fact, but will so much better upon return.

BigBull13 is offline Associate Member
    Never taken anytime off but your muscles have memory and if you keep working hard soon your muscles will begin to remember what you were doing before the layoff.

ross3814 is offline Member
    i don't know what i would be for 4 months, but i took a month and a half off a while ago cause of bad elbows. it took me about a month to get back... so i'd guess about 2 months bro...

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    same here i stopped lifting in september. and now im trying to get back into it. hardest part is knowing that i have to start all over again. wish i could go back there with the same strength, guess it dont work that way.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I wouldn't be able to handle 4 months off... The most time i've taken off at one time is 2 days!

Thread Information