leafsman38 is offline New Member

bridging that gap between my pecs

I'm closing in on bridging the gap between my pecs with with solid muscle. I've burst through my plateau with this different kind of routine but I need an exersize or two thats great for the inner chest to put me over the top. I already do cable crossovers and pec dec flys and want to change it up now. Does anyone know of another one or two that has gotten them results?

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    1st off.. there is no such thing as a middle chest.. Show me somewhere on an anatomy chart where the "Middle Chest" is listed.... 2nd. What you need more than anything is to add mass. If you want a good chest (one that doesn't disappear when you raise your arms over your head) You have to add mass... Flyes, crossovers, and basicaly any kind of cable work will NOT do this for you. All of those exercises are designed to bring out definition in the Pec's not to make the bigger..These should only be used if you've allready added the mass and you need to bring out the definition... For most guys out there They are simply put.. a waste of time.. To get that good "middle chest" you need to add more size to your overall pectorals. the clevage you want will not come untill you've done this.

Good exercises for adding size to your chest are Low Grade Incline Dumbbell or Barbell presses.. A common misconception in many gyms across america is that you need to have a high grade on the incline..this isn't true.. remember the higher you go the more you recruit your front deltoids... So a low grade Incline works best...

Also according to emg reports ( reference: Serious Strength Training
    by Tudor O. Bompa) The lowgrade Decline Dumbbell press is the best exercise for adding mass to the chest.. it scored a 93 on the emg.. where the flat bench only hit in the mid 80's. And decline barbell is not a good alternative to these.. unless you like benching with the bar above your neck...very dangerous IMO and not worth the risk..

Take care,

Phreezer

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    What angle do you suggest on the incline. I usually keep it 45 degrees or slightly less.

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    A very low grade incline... I'd say somewhere around 30 degrees maybe a little less.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Not to high jack but does that apply to filling in the upper clavicle area?

Thread Information