Garay002 is offline New Member

I have a question...

I want to lose a few pounds. I started running today, at 6 am. I want to know, is it ok if I run as soon as I wake up for 45 minutes, 7 times a day, and lift weights one hour everyday? Or is that overtraining?

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    It's recommened to do a moderate excercise in the morning such as a brisk walk. This will prevent you from burning to much muscle, and focus more on burning fat. Try doing a search, there are many good threads that will give you the info your looking for.

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Lifting seven days a week regardless of cardiovascular training will result in over training.

What are your stats?

Garay002 is offline New Member
    Lifting seven days a week regardless of cardiovascular training will result in over training. What are your stats?
    I am 17 years old, 5'11, 223 lbs.

So it is overtraining if I lift seven days a week? I asked the Gym owner today if It's overtraining if I lift seven days a week. He said it's not, but I have to work different body parts everyday. I am confused

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garay002
    I am 17 years old, 5'11, 223 lbs.

So it is overtraining if I lift seven days a week? I asked the Gym owner today if It's overtraining if I lift seven days a week. He said it's not, but I have to work different body parts everyday. I am confused

Well Garay since your fairly new to the sport of lifting you could actually grow some nice lean mass by just following your buddies around the gym re-racking their weights their weights when their done using them.

I could recommend the old stand by's like HST, DC's, DFHT. 5X5.. etc...

Honestly though...I think something simple may be best way for you to begin (don't want to burn ya out)..

If I were I would maybe focus on a 4 day a week split,, And doing a 30-40 minute Cardio session 3-4 times per week..

I would look at about 3 sets per exercise with maybe reps 6-10 per set...

Day one.. squat, stifflegged deadlift.. Calves.. and go home..

Day two..Chest and Back day.. Bench,(incline/decline) dips, rows, Hyper extensions...

day three: Military press, Lateral raises (Side front Rear) Trap work. shruggs

Day four: curls, Overhead dumbell extensions.. Hammer curls.. Skull crushers...

I think this would be a simple and yet effective workout for a beginner to start lifting on,,, and this should give you a good feel for training and what it's all about.. Often when I suggest a pre canned program for someone with little to no lifing experiencel... They tend to fail miserably, and they don't understand what they are doing or why.. I am starting to look at precanned programs more for the intermidiate weight lifter.. and less for the guy off the street.. they get overwhelmed and don't completely understand what they are doing...So they lose interest in the program, and don't really get back..I don't want to see this happen to you Gary.. I want to see you be successful.. It sounds like your a kid with a little extra Body fat and not very much muscle..and you want to change that.. And I think the simple program that I laid out can do that for you...

The thing is.. I believe that you need to see how fun this sport can be.. and you need to see some reward for all your efforts... Spend a couple of months getting used to traiing and learning your body.. then we'll focus on changing it up a little more to suit the way your developing...

People often over complicate things for new guys (I've been guilty of this myself) and I really don't think you'll benefit from learning the complexeites of training till later on..

Take care,

Phreezer

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Yeah just listen to Phreezer, LOL. Seriously

Thread Information