Question Biceps recover immediately (No Roids)

Yeah, I just want to ask a few things about my experience with bicep training.

Basically, when I train biceps, I hardly ever get sore the next day, which is not the same with my other bodyparts. (and i'm not on steroids ).

Does this mean I can train biceps the next day also without worrying about overtraining them?

It can't be because i'm not training hard enough, but you be the judge of that.

3 sets of barbell curls with 70% of the max weight I can lift for 1 rep for 6 reps.

3 sets of hammer curls (6-8 reps)

3 sets of standing alternate curls (6 reps)

Thanks.

Try doing a really heavy back workout before you hit the bi's. example
    Deadlifts...
    Pullups...
    Dumbbell rows
    Cable pull downs
    etc...
    Then do your normal bi workout.

strongNlean is offline Junior Member
    if you want something to make your biceps sore hte next day, try incline dumbbell curls, those are a sure way to get your biceps sore the next day, they burn like crazy.

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    A couple reps of negatives on the hammer strength curl machine at the end of the workout always makes me sore.

cleverlandshark2001 is offline Junior Member
    I have the SAME PROBLEM! I am a firm believer that many of the smaller muscle groups recover faster. Seems that Chest and Legs take much longer...bis, rear and side delts, low back, etc...take less time to recoop!

eshestun is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleverlandshark2001
    I have the SAME PROBLEM! I am a firm believer that many of the smaller muscle groups recover faster. Seems that Chest and Legs take much longer...bis, rear and side delts, low back, etc...take less time to recoop!
    I agree, my chest and legs get sore for 3-4 days, but the rest like a day or so

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    to answer your question, no, you shouldn't workout that body part the next day.

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Being sore or DOMS (Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness) is not always indicative of training properly. I bench over 500lbs and squat over 700, and I rarely get sore anymore.

So what exactly is DOMS? - whether it's degraded proteins and other waste
    byproducts or just plain old microtrauma has been and will continue to
    be debated for quite some time. (I'm in the microtrauma camp myself) but if a muscle is or is not sore, is in no way indicative of a successul workout. NOW, with that being said, I think it does effect you body builder guys a little differant. Most of you guys do not do any type of dual factor training nor do you do any kind of GPP (General Physical Preparedness). Often you guys stick to the 1X per week training session per body part. So you guys will use soreness as a compass for whether or not you had a succesful workout.. This isn't always wise, but for the way you guys train (You BB's tend to train to failure A LOT) it can give some insight as to how your mesocycle is going.. Training to failure often forces your body to depend on more recovery time before you can lift again..hence the soreness, you get sore more often because your body is used to having longer periods to recover between workouts....

There is something else to consider here.. being it training frequancy or volume.. You may have simply become to stagnant in your current training program to tax or challange the muscle any longer.. Something as simple as changing rep scheme and % of 1 rep max and amount of sets may make the biggest differance in the world to your workouts..

The one way to know for sure is to take and keep regular measurements.. If you're growing you doing something right..if you're staying the same..then you definitly need to start making some adjustments..

Good luck,

Phreezer
    Last edited by phreezer; 03-16-2004 at 07:23 PM.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreezer
    Being sore or DOMS (Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness) is not always indicative of training properly. I bench over 500lbs and squat over 700, and I rarely get sore anymore.

So what exactly is DOMS? - whether it's degraded proteins and other waste
    byproducts or just plain old microtrauma has been and will continue to
    be debated for quite some time. (I'm in the microtrauma camp myself) but if a muscle is or is not sore, is in no way indicative of a successul workout. NOW, with that being said, I think it does effect you body builder guys a little differant. Most of you guys do not do any type of dual factor training nor do you do any kind of GPP (General Physical Preparedness). Often you guys stick to the 1X per week training session per body part. So you guys will use soreness as a compass for whether or not you had a succesful workout.. This isn't always wise, but for the way you guys train (You BB's tend to train to failure A LOT) it can give some insight as to how your mesocycle is going.. Training to failure often forces your body to depend on more recovery time before you can lift again..hence the soreness, you get sore more often because your body is used to having longer periods to recover between workouts....

There is something else to consider here.. being it training frequancy or volume.. You may have simply become to stagnant in your current training program to tax or challange the muscle any longer.. Something as simple as changing rep scheme and % of 1 rep max and amount of sets may make the biggest differance in the world to your workouts..

The one way to know for sure is to take and keep regular measurements.. If you're growing you doing something right..if you're staying the same..then you definitly need to start making some adjustments..

Good luck,

Phreezer
    Yeah I was just gonna say that not being sore doesn't always mean your muscles aren't fatigued, but I guess that'll do too...hehe

Thread Information