Latimus is offline Banned

My Workout Schedual! What do you think?

Alright This is Laty's Workout schedual...i am wondering what you all think about it...some input would help...I change the reps and order of excersizes all the time so i didnt put in the rep value...i usually go by weeks in a three week split...so week 1 is heavy, week 2 is medium week 3 is light...

i used to have arms on fri but my tries were still hurting and would effect the bench

It may seem like a lot of sets...but i have actually cut it back a fair bit...i like being and doing a lot of quality sets at the gym...i cant do 15 sets of chest and leave..i want to destroy the muscle and then pound it with protein and then destroy it again

I also do a lot of streching and anarobic or flexing at night...for example on monday nights i do pushups and then flex...get a huge pump and flex the **** out of it...

If i decide to do my first cycle this summer does anything have to change or can i even add a little bit to the workout i can bench about 340 for a rep..i want that up to 350 asap...any tips...thanks!

Monday
    Chest/Side Delts
    5 sets of Bench (alter some workouts to shock by adding hanging chains)
    5 Incline Bench
    5 Dips
    5 Fly
    10 Lateral raise (5 machine)

Tuesday
    Back/Traps
    5 wide chins
    5 wide backmachine
    5 wide chins machine
    5 close chins
    5 dumbell rows
    5 close chins machine (My back in my strongest muscle and responds well to this eventhough it is a lot)

5 Shrugs (5 machine)

Wednesday
    Legs
    5 squats
    5 squat deads
    5 leg press
    5 hack squats
    5 quad extention
    10 ham curls
    15 calvs

Thursday
    Arms
    bi
    5 easy curl bar
    5 preacher bar
    5 alternating dumbell
    tri
    5 close grip
    5 machine pulldowns
    5 dumbell overheads

Friday
    Shoulders
    5 dumbell press
    5 machine press
    10 laterals
    5 traps

Saturday
    Chillin

Sunday
    illin...cant wait to get back at her!
    Last edited by Latimus; 03-26-2004 at 03:07 AM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    what kind or goals are you aimin for? that looks like a powerlifting workout

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you are doing way too many sets...

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea, to many sets, not enough diff exercises

Bodybuilding...but i also want the strength up there as well. They should go hand and hand...what would you change...im at the gym for an hour and a half...how long are you guys there for. my body doesnt respond to 15-20 sets of chest...and yes i have an extreme intensity for each set...The new thing is arms on wed i used to do them on fri...but they were hurting for monday...is training them on wed a bad idea even if my arms are alright after monday tuesday...i want to get them past the 18" mark

Maybe i am going about this wrong...and i should only be doing 15-20 sets...but i wont feel it in the morning...i need to feel that damage...dont you guys?

Jeezus Christ.

thats just the way i do it man...ill show a pic once i get my hands on a camera...i respond to a heavy workout...

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    OK... hmmm. Try doing drop sets or super sets.

For example, do a heavy set of bench maybe 6-8 reps and make sure you are FAILING on the last one. Then jump down and bang out a set of push-ups until failure.

Or get two people and put 315 on the bench (or whatever your can do). Do a set and rack it. Have your people strip off a plate on each side... do another set... and so on. No rest...

That should change things up for you.

yeah i do that, along with heavy negs, partial reps, you name it...i love to shock myself

luvs_roids is offline New Member
    Its hardly a powerlifting workout - hes not deadlifting

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    10sets of side latterals..?! i hope thats a type o.. do three sets of everything and last set super set it with a lighter weight and go till you cant go anymore..

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    That's not a powerlifting routine, it looks more like a 70's BB program.

If you insist on doing that many sets along with all the high intensity techniques that you say you are using at least throw in another day of rest after the second day.

After 2 months or so, you should take a week off or do a very light maintenance week or else you may find yourself overtrained 6 months down the road.

i do deads on leg day...as stated...i just took a week off actually...the workouts after the week off i really felt in the morning...so i didnt do shoulders on fri because i didnt want to overtrain...i am fully aware of over training...i cant stress it enough that i respond to high sets and i prefer to do i that was...if anyone can maybe critique my order, or day set up...that is what would be helpful...anything else isnt...and its getting old and cliched

When you guys do bench...do you keep adding weight and lowering reps...and if so how do you have it structured....or do you keep it all around the same amount of reps...by lowering the weight each time...or do you use the same weight and lower reps each set...or pyramid it starting light giong heavy then dropping light again...

i know it depends on what you are looking for...im just wondering what you guys do..i usually change it up...i like the shock...i want to BB and PL...the base i use is pyramid though...which allows me to do the quantity of sets and get an awesome pump

thanks again guys

hahaha 70s BB are the best bodybuilders of all time!

HardcoreGymWARRIOR04 is offline Junior Member
    This is what i do. when benching.
    -take my warm up sets
    -first set, max poundage for that rep range, taken to failure w/no negatives
    -2nd set, keep same weight, get all reps i can, than use unassisted to get goal rep poundage
    -3rdset, drop down to a weight where i will fail at the desired rep range goal
    after that, muscle has optimal damage and soreness to grow. I know u cant gauge a workout by soreness, but i am always sore for 48 hours

asiancuts is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreGymWARRIOR04
    This is what i do. when benching.
    -take my warm up sets
    -first set, max poundage for that rep range, taken to failure w/no negatives
    -2nd set, keep same weight, get all reps i can, than use unassisted to get goal rep poundage
    -3rdset, drop down to a weight where i will fail at the desired rep range goal
    after that, muscle has optimal damage and soreness to grow. I know u cant gauge a workout by soreness, but i am always sore for 48 hours
    i do the same thing except i drop weight each set and on the last one i go until failure with one assisted rep at the end

i like to drop the weight down as well...to keep the reps up...or just to get a higher max for the start..cool

Thread Information