TIM
    TIM is offline Associate Member

which exercise brings out the abs ?

which exercise is best for burning the fat off ur abs my main problem is my love handles i have a pritty good top half to my abs but i seem to store fat on my handles ! more towards my back ! if u know what i mean ? any ideas on exercises or type of cardio ie bike or stepper or rowing ? to get rid of them love handles ! my died its pritty good and i am using eca

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    You want the honest answer? Diet its the key to getting the b/f low enough to see the abs.Situps and all the other stomach excercises will help build strong abs and cardio will help burn fat but if the diet is not right the abs won,t show.

TIM
    i have been on a pritty good diet for about a month know i got a bit of a shock when i got my hol pics back from xmas ! i looked pritty chubby ! i had never really notice until then ? since then i have lost about 17 pounds i was 205 lbs i am know 188 lbs .
    do u think i was always a really skinny lad till i took as ! so i did not think i would need to worry about my waist line.
    i am about to start a new cycle i have picked sus and prop and winny hoping to get quilty gains with less water that the prevoius deca sus and dbol ! i just want to strip of as much fat as i can before my cycle ! i am also going to take clen and eca during cycle and watch my fatty foods ! how long should i do cardio for and how often and post or before workout ? during the week i only eat about 10-30g of fat a day is this okay ? i eat a bit of crap at the weekends tho ! not lots ! its my girlfriend 'lets have a pizza' !

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    I will have to say though, when I flex my abs the top two are fine and I can see separation between the left and right sides. However, on my lower abs, there is no seperation, which is because that part of the muscle is not developed. So, yes diet plays a vital role, but you still need a good ab workout and for me, lots of leg raises.

TIM
    cheers all ! i see what u mean about the lower abs the gap between them is much less than the gap at the top ! ill try some leg raises !
    as for my carb intake whats the recommended amount for a dieting body biulder around 190lbs ?

TIM
    do i sense a hint of sarcasm ?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Normal situps/crunches, hanging knee raises (if you can hold yourself up), cable crunches, seated knee extensions/retractions (i have no idea what this exercise is called)

I think those are 4 of the best for abs, but like everyone else says, it's all about the diet and hard training. I've still got plenty of fat around my stomach, I've been doing cardio for about a month now, and i've been watching my diet for about two-three months. Remember though, it takes time and lost of patience. Just because your abs aren't poping up right away doesn't mean your doing the wrong thing. Work hard, watch your diet, and with due time your abs will show! At least that's what I'm hoping!!! I want to lose 20 pounds by summer, I think it's very possible

9natural9 is offline Banned

all i hear is...and hearing is good?

All I hear is how important the diet is...well, I am about 205 (precycle) and plan on being 215-220 (postcycle). Through research I have concluded that pre and post cycle are not anything like each other. So my question to the board is, what is a proper diet to add weight, but not the wrong kind? As of right now I plan on a 7 day a week tuna fish / Myoplex shake diet. Please, any other info would help, so that my breath doesn't smell that of Anne Heche!!! Thanks...

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I have said it once I will say it again, Abs are a muscle folks, and if you work them they will grow just like any other muscle. Do you want abs that poke out and make your stomach look big? I don't do any ab exercises, Billy is right on the money, diet and cardio are the best way to get fat off those abs.
    Sure you can do ab work, but most people think that if they are fat and they do situps, they get discouraged because it does nothing. YOu can not burn fat in one area of the body specifically,The body has to burn off the fat all over your body, not in just one place.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Good point Sicilian...I know too many people who will try to do hundreds of situps each day and they already have too much fat around their mid section. Cardio, cardio, cardio.. Unless you want the rolling abs...which look good too! Then you would just add the weight.
    I rarely do abs, and my body fat is pretty low, so it looks like I work abs much more frequently than I really do.
    Cheers!

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member
    How many times a week do you work abs?? Some people say everyday...some every other day...and others say only twice a week???

Nico is offline Associate Member
    twice a week is more than enough. I train abs like I train the rest of my muscles.

TIM
    can anyone find out what is wrong with this diet i am currently on sus,prop, and at the end of it all winny ! i am taking clen and eca all the way throw the mass biulding and on throw the real dieting !
    average day
    8;00 1 bowl of porage and 2 slices of toast and a protien shake
    10;00 half a tin of tuna and 2 slices of bread (a sandwich) 1 pint of milk
    1;00 1 tin of tuna dry with boiled rice 1.5 pints of milk
    4;00 half tin of tuna 2 slices bread and a banana and protien shake
    7;00 tin of tuna and boiled rice dry with 2 pints of milk & pro shake
    10;30 protien shake then bed !
    this diet is to put on as much qiulty muscle as i can without putting on fat hence i am also doing clen and eca all the way through ! is this okay for mass biulding and what will i have to change to it when i start the cutting up at the end ?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    At the end of the day you cant spot reduce ...So it all comes down to diet..

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Whats with the half tins of Tuna? IMO too much bread.

TIM
    i make 2 sandwitchs out of one tin of tuna ! eat one at 10 the other at 4 ! so i should cut down on the bread ? is bread fatening ? i thought it was just carbs ?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Looking at your diet again i would have to say that you are not eating enough.You are starving your self and when you do that the body will store all the food as fat because it knows that it will starve again .Its called a fail safe..

TIM
    if i eat more then how do i know i am not eating to much ? should i up the protien or carbs or both ? help ! on the first week of my current cycle i put on 5 lbs i am on my second and i am struggling to put on more weight ! help !

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    The food you are eating now is very low in cal for a normal person it is all pro not much carb so you will use the pro as energy so you will not put on much size ..More pasta fruit and veg and some nice red meat and chicken will do the job..Dont use a supp as a food use it to supplement food...And with bread go for whole meal not white...JMO...

TIM
    eating more should not be a problem for me i am going to get a chicken tonight and eat the lot ! maybe with some pasta ! i think i will buy some steaks too ! i am hungrey already !

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    GO for it bro because you will grow...

TIM
    cheers ! ill send u a pm and let u know how much size i have put on !

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Way too much tuna... try some turkey, chicken, extra lean ground beef, steak, etc...

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    AB's and BF go hand in hand. I pride myself in the fact that i have never done a set of situps in my life. Well okay for gym class in high school i had to do a couple. I have always hade a low BF% and always been able to see my abs and as of late for some strange reason a lot of my obliques are visible as well? Though i do credit my abs to the numerous times i have to frequent the batrhroom per day. Must be all the protein, goes through me like water. I am convinced that protein is a mild laxitive. And one day i will prove it!

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    i agree with full intensity that protein is a laxitive dude since i started eating so much pritien i go restroom about 2 to 3 times as much as i used too. It all about the cardio and the diet depending on body type some too.

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    I have to agree!!!!!

clean your diet up!

Thread Information