muscle27 is offline New Member

dumbell presses for chest mass?

do dumbell chest presses work as good as barbell chest presses for gaining chest mass?

RATM is offline Senior Member
    I dont think so. Dbells are a very valuable exercise, but i think that bbell presses are still superior

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I throw them in there once in a while no matter what to switch it up, you want to shock your chest every so often.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    For me ive actually put on more mass with dumbells than the bar. I get a better feel with them, and can quickly do drop-sets or switch right to flys in the middle of a set if i want to.

rujulus is offline Junior Member
    DB's all the way bro much better then barbell...IMO it's harder then barbell bench just for the simple fact that it take more control and you can work on your form a lot better with the DB's plus I get the craziest pump with the DB's.....
    Last edited by rujulus; 03-23-2004 at 08:54 AM.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    My favorite chest workout is flat barbell and incline dumbells...

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Dumbbells are better for adding mass you might not be able to do as much weight as you do in a BB bench press but think of it like this. You getting better ROM (Range Of Motion) with the DB's then you do with a BB. You get a Full contraction at the top with dumbbells vs. only getting a semi full contraction with a Barbell.. Oh yeah and its harder to.. Theres no bar to bounce off your chest if your a cheater so it will take alittle more concentration. When you do them or any chest press only come down till your arms are paralle to the floor so 90 degrees you dont need to go further that that b/c you dont rip muscles fibers when they are stretched you rip them when they are contracted...

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I think it's based on the individual. I find for myself DB presses pack on way more mass over the barbell press. Also, with DB presses, you can't favor one arm over the other, so you build yourself equal.

alevok Guest
    dumbells always work better for me, harder to balance makes my hands stronger, and I can lower dumbells far beyond barbells, you can always throw them when a cramp occurs.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    dumbells always work better for me, harder to balance makes my hands stronger, and I can lower dumbells far beyond barbells, you can always throw them when a cramp occurs.

exacly you can go as heavy as you possibly can with no fear of injury..

SuperSix4 is offline New Member
    i think it boils down to what your used to doing, so if used to barbells, switch it up and vice versa

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I like db's more fibers are actuated to control the weight, besides from doing bb so long my right peck is bigger than my left so its time to switch
    Last edited by cpt steele; 03-26-2004 at 09:02 AM.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    just switch it up every while so your muscles dont get to used to the bench or to used to the dumbells

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I find DBs help with the inner chest as well so ive been using dbs for the past few months. Development seems quicker and more apparent but I will throw flatbar in every so often.

jmac22 is offline New Member
    I use DBs most of the time, feel like its a better workout fell it alot more than with barbell. But I do like to do barbell every once in awhile

MrDezel is offline Banned
    Dumbbells all the way. For some reason I can't do barbell at all. I get better growth with them too.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Like some of you said dumbells get a greater range of motion. Switch it up from week to week, and you'll see the results

Thread Information