Thread: Trap Help

se11 is offline Associate Member

Trap Help

I just started working out my traps like a month and half ago. I do Front Barbell Shrugs, Rows, Behind the back Barbell Shrugs, and Dumbell shrugs. I now see that the right side of my bodys trap(or part of it, not exactally shure what its called) is bigger than the lefts. I don't know why. Can anyone help me out with this?

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    do you look down or straight ahead?

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i can't help, but i know that deadlifts with a shrug at the top ALWAYS have my traps hurting for a few days

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle
    i can't help, but i know that deadlifts with a shrug at the top ALWAYS have my traps hurting for a few days

you got that right

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle
    never done this before.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Put your head down, and keep the tension on your traps throughout the set, use light weight and use high reps, this is what i do and it works great.

LM1332 Guest
    All that sounds good but traps are like calfs if you dont hurt them they dont grow. So dont go ubber heavy but moderate heavy. Dont look down but more of a tilted and also tilt your body a little that would make em hurt like a bitch

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Do some of your taining with dumbbells. That will make each muscle work independently... you're probably cheating working your right more. Try dumbbell shrugs, and pitcher pours. Grab a dumbell in each hand, hammer curl it until your elbow is at a 90º, bring your elbows out and up like you're similtaniously pouring out two pitchers of beer, tea, Koolaid (what ever floats your boat) and keep your elbows locked, go as far up past your shoulders as you can. Concentrate on form and keep the weight low enough to allow you to. This is not a power movement. Don't cheat. Try 4-5 sets of 10-12 reps of that and let me know how you feel two days later. ;-)

se11 is offline Associate Member
    allriht thanks. ive been using heavy weight with lower reps and i can see the growth of them. after i do a good trap workout their sore for at least a day and a half

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    i like to go heavy with the bar while doing shrugs and then right when i put the bar down, grab 2 light weight dumbells and do shrugs again untill i cant do them anymore. i do this for about 4 sets, works pretty good for me so far.

TrIBOL

Thread Information