BrownBomber is offline Member

How to Work the Sides of Your Neck?

Fellas,

I dont have aceess to a 4-way neck machine so thats outaa the question. Ive tried the "standard" exercise in which I lay on my side and place a plate (whcih is wrapped by a towel) on the side of my head. That works like sh*t!!!! I dont feel a **** thing, the plate keeps slidin, and keep fallin over, etc.

Does anyone know of a good exercise out there to help build the sides of my neck?

Thanks
    BB

decadbal is offline Banned
    go to everlast.com, they have a thing that attaches to your head and hangs a wt off of it....

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    go to everlast.com, they have a thing that attaches to your head and hangs a wt off of it....
    I got one of those and use it my man, however it only its the back of my neck. I was almost 100% positive that thee was a muscle on the side of the neck as well as front/back. But maybe I need to study human anatomy

Thanks
    BB

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I have that head thing. I've had it for years but I never used it until recently. It has three rings, one in the back and one on each side. I just put it on backwards so the hook is in the front and I can work the back of my neck. It works prett well, you just have to make sure you have a bench or something else to lay on that's high enough so the weight doesn't hit the floor if you use a large plate like the 45 lb. I use a 45 lb plate and the headband kind of chafes my head a little, but besides that, it works pretty well. My neck gets a good workout. Just make sure you start with a light weight and work your way up, you can throw your vertabre out of line with too much weight.

Thread Information