Long&Strong is offline Associate Member

Is it possible to seperate a rib???

I was breaking up a fight Sat night, and while I was pulling my friend off, I must have turned the wrong way and my rib is killing me. I thought I may have pulled a muscle, but there is a huge knot on my rib, it is very sore to the touch and it hurts to breath. Ever happen to anyone else?

bump

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    more likely than not it's broken or fractured. It is possible to separate them because they are connected (the true ribs are atleast). Can you be more specific as to where the pain is? like which rib and closer to the front middle, side or back. I would see a doctor if i were you because it hurts to breath.

I had a friend that experienced trouble breathing a few hours later from an accident and it turned out he had a broken rib. But that was from crashing into a tree while snowboarding heheh.

it is my right side and my rib closest to the middle of my chest. It is feeling much better today, 4 days later, but it still smarts though. I think I will wait another day or so to start working out again

Ribs can be dislocated just like joints, when it happenend to a guy in jiujitsu the doc told him get two chairs set em up like a dip station. No do dips or take your legs off the ground but strech out and if dislocated is should slide back in. Ribs work like joints I forget what sensai said but something like joints have 20 or 4 release points and 5 pounds of pressure right angle could dislocate one.

Thread Information