yesterdays workout was for arms and shoulders:

i always make proper form paramount.

stand dumbbell alt curl
    straight bar curl
    tricep cable pushdown
    sit mil press dumbbells
    stand dumbbell forward raises
    dumbbell shrugs
    and finally, this machine: i sit in the chair, and put free weights on its "arms". i keep my fists near my pecs, and lift my arms out and up to the sides. i believe its a shoulder excercise, and have used before, with no day after pain.

today, my lats are killing me.
    did i use bad form somewhere? or do the lats somehow come into play.

maybe from tricept cable pushdowns?

4 weeks into it (newbie) and having fun, and feeling great....
    6-3, 225 lbs..

IwillGrow! is offline Junior Member
    I guess the pain comes mostly from the front raises.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    When you workout with free weights you use more or less every muscle for example your abs and back to hold you still when you do curls therefore it is not unusal for a part you have not trained to ache and the reason for this that you have been using it in a different range of motion.I bet it was from mil press

jimismynamehi is offline New Member
    ok, well, thanks for the info. i did train arms/shoulders pretty hard, and it neat how much my lats hurt. if i did something incorectly, and i'm wasting a movement, and somehow my lats got the training, then that would suck,

but, my bi's hurt, my tri's hurt, and the top of my shoulders hurt (i was told theres 3 heads to the shoulder muscle, and the rear head really hurts, as well as the top head)

well, 4 weeks into it, and having a blast,,thanks again...

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like you are training hard!!

It could be the triceps pushdowns too - you use your lats amongst other stuff to help keep your shoulders down and your arms in tight...

Are you sure its your lats that are sore and not your intercostals / serratus? These are partially obscured by the lats and when these are sore it's easy to mistake it for the lats. These are used to stabilise the torso and like billy boy says these get used lots in stabilisation!

keep it up and set those goals.... what are your aims bro?

def

my goal..

well, i wanted to look like a new person by the summer. (june1)
    i started jan 5, of the new year. so, i have 4 good months to go.
    i started at 6-3, 230 lbs. i'm down to 215 lbs. those last night half cases of beer, and a pound of pasta-before bed, took a toll on my physique. so, gladly i lost 15lbs so far.

i'm eating extremely clean right now, and cardio could be a little more in my schedule,, kinda lacks.

i'd like to lose this pot belly, and get some arm and chest and shoulders and lats by the summer. i've always been kind agood shape-i'm not a desk man, i'm in home improvements, so i move alot all day.

so, goals would be to beef up the arms, shoulders, chest, and upper back,, i like that "v" look.

hopefully, the hard training, coupled with the diet, and 4 months to do it, i am hoping for big improvements. i tried on a pair of shorts today, that now fit. before, they were a pain in the ass to get on, so thats cool..

i feel good after the 1st month into it. the guys at my gym at cool, and i take notes of my workout. they probably call me the copybook guy, behind my back.. ,, but i think good notes are paramount.

maybe in a few weeks, i'll up the cardio, when i know better and understand more of the nutrition/best times to cardio/etc,,

thanks again.....

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Sound like your doing great. You have everything in check. Your watching what you eat, your planning on doing more cardio. You keep a journal for your training. That's what every body builder should do. Your off to a great start, and the results will come flowing in in no time at all.

Terinox

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Good luck bro seems as if you know what you want and are working hard to get there

ok..

thanks guys,,,, yeah, i need to pick up cardio a little, but i'll address that better this month,, gonna start keeping a journal on my food intake as well,,, that seems to be just as important, if not more important.

sometimes, i think i'm coming up a hair short in the necessary requirements of carbs. protein is good i think, and fat is super low.

i never eat mayo, or any oil. gotta had falx oil too, just remembered. my only oil comes from salmon, maybe 4 times a week..

carbs seems to be the un-known truth--------
    first i'm told dont eat many, cause they make you fat,,,,, then i'm told you need them for energy...

so, after lots of reading, i'm gonna try to get all my heavy carbs in before 2-3 pm, like patato, rice, pasta.

i'll eat the wimpier carbs later in day,,,, turkey sandwitches,, tuna sandwitches,,(whole wheat bread for carbs),,,

again,,thanks..

Thread Information