Thread: biceps question

Long&Strong is offline Associate Member

biceps question

I have been seeing pretty good results from my bi's but I can't seem to get my muscle to stretch all the way down my arm. you see, my bicep is about 17.5 inchesbut right above my elbow it is skinny as hell how do I stretch it???? any exercises or programs would be helpful

Swellin Guest
    I think you mean how do you make it bigger closer to your elbow...so I will try and answer based on that assumption. The shape of your bicep is controled by genetics. Wicked peaks are genetic. I bet you have a string peak, so your bi won't seem to extend all the way, quite as fully. On the other hand, I have crappy peaks...so my bi looks like a slab of meat with no pretty shape.
    If my assumption is right, the answer is...be glad you have great peaks...you can't really change the bi where you mention.

you are correct in your assumption, but there must be a way to extend the muscle allthe way down....right???

bump

HardcoreGymWARRIOR04 is offline Junior Member
    hammer d.b. curls and full range of motion when curling

MrDezel is offline Banned
    try doing incline curls and letting ur arms extend all the way down. Then when you are done with your sets rotate your wrists 180degrees 6-8 times and it will help lengthen the head of ur bi's.

amotanis is offline Junior Member
    i'm maybe way off... but do you mean when you flex your bicep bulges and retreats from your elbow? if this is what your talking about , hold the fles and rotate your hand/wrist inward about 45degrees, that'll make the bicep stretch while still being flexed.

or are you looking for an exercise to focus on lengthening the muscle?

LM1332 Guest
    like someone said above do some hammer curlz and when you are done just twist your wrist and dont let your arm twist this way it will somewhat will stretch your bis.(with weights)

sungilly is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Long&Strong
    you are correct in your assumption, but there must be a way to extend the muscle allthe way down....right???

You can do this with barbell curls just make sure your arm is fully extended before you start the curl motion and dont cheat by letting the delts start the curl. If you do it strictly this should help. I experienced the same problem and found this helped make my Bi's thicker at the elbow.

decadbal is offline Banned
    just find a few exercises and work em, then switch em..

thanks everyone for your input, I am putting some ideas to work and will let you know how they pan out

allsaucedup is offline Member
    we have a machine at my gym that allows you to work out your lower middle and upper biceps. but the shape of your bi is genetic. mine are long with no peak. i would think that preacher curls all the way down and incline curls would help the most.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreGymWARRIOR04
    hammer d.b. curls and full range of motion when curling

yup.. doo hammers it works..

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    itzz all genetics, my bice peak is huge and so are my bice in general, but when i wear a t-shirt at the gym the thick portion is covered and the thin close to the elbow on the outside....i know what ur saying, just deal with it.

only bros with thick arms or no peaks can get away with it.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    genetics r key, imo not much u can do, do exerices that hit the bottoms of your bi's, any kind of standing curl might help...

cbpumped is offline New Member
    I know what you mean. For me the preacher board curl works best to work the end of the bicep right where it meets your forearm. I like them one armed with dumbells personally. I have found bent over one arm curls are similiar. I think I saw a picture of arnold doing that motion. Hammers work mine a tad higher and so to cable cobra type curls so I can't say they work for me in that specific area. I think you need to find the lifts that work for you everyone is different and if your arm grows it can't help but stretch that out. If you have a boulder of a bicep it has to have a slope to it.

Thread Information