gtrickz is offline New Member

Personal Trainer needed?

Hey i have been working out for a few months on and off nothign really serious, ima bout 5'11, 165lbs and about 13bf. Im 18 yrs old and i drink every weekend, i know its bad but its too fun. Anyways im wandering if it would benefit for me to get a personal trainer? I seem to have hit a plateau and i cant decide if its becuase im working out wrong or because i drink too much or i just dont eat right, i really dont know. I am pretty cut for how much i drink and how much **** i eat. Im wandering if any of you know the reason why i just have no desire to go to the gym and seem to have his this plateau? Thanks! for the month i worked out seriously i took apex volumizer (creatine) and gained crazy weight. i went from 148 to 162.

also would a personal trainer even help me at all? i work out at pure fitness in arizona and some personal trainers have offered to help me get built but they want me to pay a ridicolous(sp??) amount like $1250. Thanks!
    Last edited by gtrickz; 03-29-2004 at 09:50 PM.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    most people think that personal trainers are a "waste" of money..........but if you are truly serious about training......and if you have a great trainer (which is very rare these days) then it will be very benefical to you.........i learned everything from mine..........and i didnt see any results until i got one...........but then again, he knew his sh!t.........not your average pt

but since you do drink every weekend........then you obvisuley aren't serious enough about training so therefore, you WILL be wasting your money and your time, at that...........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

gtrickz is offline New Member
    isnt it possible to still gain weight an drink at the same time? i mean its not like i drink all the time.

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrickz
    isnt it possible to still gain weight an drink at the same time? i mean its not like i drink all the time.
    Sure...I guess its possible. But I think the issue is about doing EVERYTHING in your power to shape up before spending cash on a trainer. You will soon learn that drinking is not everything in life. Make the most out of the resources that you have...Then look for help.

If you do decide to get a trainer, make sure he/she is qualified. ACE certification is the bare minimum. I'm sure others can list some worthwhile ones...

Gators

cwhid is offline Junior Member
    I know I drink quite a bit, too much in my opinion, but that how college life goes(especially at UF). I find the worst part about drinking is how hard it is to eat properly the next day. Drinking will definately add extra "empty" calories which wont help you shred, but cant hurt too much when bulking. My reccommendation would be to drink shots or str8 liquor as opposed to beer or mixed drinks...that minimizes the calories. And by all means no "Drunken munchies" after 700 calories(at least for me) of pure alcohol why shove down another 500 of garbage pizza or taco bell. This will all just be turned into fat as your sleep. You can definately gain weight drinking a few nights a week, as long as you use your head.

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrickz
    sounds like you should decide what you really want... im a pt, and i never charge that much, i always work with the ppl on their payscale. if you look you can find one who loves the job, and helpin ppl with their body.... or just pm me

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

daanielle said it right

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    most people think that personal trainers are a "waste" of money..........but if you are truly serious about training......and if you have a great trainer (which is very rare these days) then it will be very benefical to you.........i learned everything from mine..........and i didnt see any results until i got one...........but then again, he knew his sh!t.........not your average pt

but since you do drink every weekend........then you obvisuley aren't serious enough about training so therefore, you WILL be wasting your money and your time, at that...........

i have to turn down people all the time because of their lifestyle choices that they refuse to give up(ironic, huh?haha). if you are not committed and you have a trainer who is, if this trainer has any professionalism at all, he will drop you as a client and not take your $$. pt's who have a big following and a high success rate are not going to let you taint their reputation because of your overindulgence.
    like danielle said, there are alot of ****ty pt's out their who aren't making a hell of alot of $$ so someone will take you on if for nothing more than the $$$.
    get it together w/ everything excessive then find a pt who you have checked out throughly. your adherance level will be better ddue to accountability, motivation should be higher, etc. many positive aspects to it, but you have to realize that you have to hold up your end of the deal

Klossus is offline Associate Member
    keep at it, ask questions, come to boards like this, there is a ton of information on this board, it just takes some time. hope i could help you out on your "wandering", wait? wondering?

Thread Information