takedownII is offline Member

Cardio, before or After lifting?

Whats up? I just have a real quick question. Does it matter when you do your cardio? Before or after you lift? Thanks!

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I wouldn't suggest doing cardio right before lifting, in the morning is fine if your lifting in the afternoon tho.

why does it matter? does it effect muscle mass or something? do you burn muscle if you do cardio at a certain time? thanks

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea, alot of cardio will keep you from gainin size, if your after that, and preworkout depletes your body of tons, that you wanna use in the work out......drops gly. levels and so on...

So if i want to gain mass, but I want to minimize fat as much as i can, I should do cardio after my workout. Or do it early in the morning and lift that evening? Right? Thanks

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    If you want to gain mass you should cut out cardio, or at least limit it to only mornign before you eat anything.

firedup is offline Junior Member
    Cardio will burn muscle and fat. so be prepared.
    if you do cardio before a workout, you won't be able to give 100% in your lifting.
    do cardio after a work out if you have to, but save it for non-lifting days if possible.
    or just cut down on your rest time between sets and don't do cardio for a while.
    too much cardio will hinder your lifting.
    i hope this helped.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    like everyone said........it's best to do your cardio early morning.......then lift in the evening..............but you can't make it to the gym twice a day..........and must combine both in one workout....................then always, always lift first........so you can put the most strength into that.......and do your cardio after...............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning will definitely help. NEVER before a workout. Im sure everyones tried it one time or another and those that have will never do it again

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    done it once on a empty stomach felt like i was gonna pass out after 20mins my head was spinning and all that bad stuff, Prolly didn't help that i took 2 stackers before i went.. Bluu

decadbal is offline Banned
    if your gonna try to gain size, then learn what to eat to get bigger and not gain much fat, and drop cardio altogether....for bulkin..

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    You'll lose momentum and some strength if you do a decent session of cardio right before your workout. Unless you have a long time interval between cardio and lifting, I would say lift first then do the cardio.

Thread Information