Comment on H.I.T ?

Any comments on the HIT system advocated in:

www.cyberpump.com
    www.hardgainer.com

?

Does it work better for NATURAL BB's?

x_zone2 is offline New Member

Lightbulb HIT

Well to say the least....i think that HIT works very well for natural BBs and gear Uzrs. I currently use this and have been for about a year and have made very good progress. Although I do tend to change the workout volumes and intensity techniques....the basic principle is the same. Short extremely high intensity workouts and good diet will get u the muscle. Combined with gear its awesome. Cardio is also a vital factor. Let me know if u wanna try it.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Mike Mentzers high intensity training or HIT never really sat well with me. The philosophy is based on the principle that rather than take the chance of overtraining one should minimize his or her training regimen by doing basically giant supersets when working out(one machine straight to the next). The problem with this technique is that most serious bb would rather take the chance at overtraining to recieve the MAXIMUM amount of gains possible in the shortest amount of time. especially when on an AS cycle. your muscles are rebuilding themselves at an alot faster rate. Although each person has to individualize his or her own training routine (no one knows there body better than you) i disagree with the principles even though i respect Mentzer and know that he trained D.Yates i still do not think that this type of trainig belongs for serious bb but rather for your average joe trying to become "fit".

NightOp is offline Member
    i have the Beyond Brawn book (published by the creator of hardgainer.com..) and its not really an HIT program, its based on progressive poundage increases with long progressive cycles, i have tried many things, HIT, MuscleNow (very similiar), but this is the best so far....... i think that simplicity is very important, and we often get sidetracked with too many isolation exercises and supersets, when we should be focusing on being able to move more weight in the basics (bench, incline, squat, deadlift, curls, lat pull downs/rows.. supplemented with abs, forearm, and calve work...) the idea is to slowly trick your body into progressive gains by a cycling system. there is more to the program (although very easy to understand and not excessive complexity like some programs..) than this but here is the basic idea of the TRAINING part, i will use the bench example> (THIS IS FOR NATURAL GROWTH< no AS use included in this program btw)

cycle lasts 6-20 weeks (depending on other factos, i.e. how long you can go before your gains stop, which require you to restart with another cycle, but with your new gains of course...)

the following does not address sets, which is another factor, but i thought id just give an example as to the IDEA of the program.
    say your bench max is 7 reps of 200 pounds ... well, you drop back to about 95% of that for two weeks such as > 7 reps of 190, then each following week you add 5 pounds until your back to 7 reps of 200, then ease on 5 more pounds (2.5 on each side..) and do as many reps as you can, stay with this weight for as long as it takes to get 12 or so reps (this can take weeks..) so now your at like week 5 or 6 (depending on how fast ur gaining..) and your at 12 reps of 205... well, add 5 or 10 pounds and drop back down to 7 sets and repeat until you get to 12 reps of 205, then you add more weight and drop back to less reps.. this is much effective than conventional training if you have trouble making weekly poundage gains, because by cycling the reps like this you get your muscles to lift only slightly heavier pounds and tricks them into continual growth because they are never at the same rep range or weight for more than a few weeks at most...

i know this is long, but i really like this program and thought yall might wanna give her a shot... of course all of this is based on the other conventional dieting, etc... I do not want ppl to think that this post is a representative of Beyond Brawn or the Hardgainer program (im not even done with the book) but this is a weak summary of the idea and what i got out of waht ive read so far..
    Last edited by NightOp; 01-31-2002 at 05:44 PM.

Anaballick is offline Associate Member
    A lot of the ideas imposed with H.I.T. are good, but I don't think there really is any golden, perfect way to workout that will work for everyone. Mentzer has some good points ( I have read most of his books) and I do believe trying to do forced reps and negatives are good things. The books taught me how to train very intensely without overtraining. I don't follow a H.I.T. routine but the principles of training hard, heavy, with forced reps, etc... is good. Mentzer just took the overtraining thing way too far, I believe in one of his later books Muscles in Minutes, he was sugguesting to the reader to lift only once every 5-7 days for 20 minutes. I don't care how hard you lift this is UNDERTRAINING!! Overtraining is something everyone has to learn and feel within themselves and then learn how to avoid it. Changing your routine and exercises to stimualte growth is good because our bodies are very good at adapting to stress. Regarding your bench program: Seen it, heard it a million times before. People are always trying to find some magical formula to working out, the bottom line: if it was easy we would all be huge! These programs often work simply because they are a new stress to the body which will stimulate growth. I could go on for years about this but its time to eat...Later

NightOp is offline Member
    yes, but the progessive idea is that it will take a long term investment, but will continue to yeild gains, rather than trying one program for two months then another the next, and so on..

Thread Information