Thread: Injury???

CanadianGhost is offline Junior Member

Injury???

Hey All,

Today I was working to failure and I broke my own rule....

Normally I NEVER go to failure on barbell shrugs but today I thought "ahhh why not??!" Well I found out why not!

My last lift felt fine DURING the lift, but immediately after I began getting extremely tense in my back and neck. It has been a couple of hours now, and I am completely unable to move my head or neck..Heck it even hurts my back to smile or swallow.

To top it all off, I can hear a "breaking" sound in my neck and back every time I move slightly...Anyone ever injure themselves this way? will go to a doctor in the morning, but I really am wondering..."Am I HURT (tweaked it a bit) or am I injured??" Anyone got anything to add? Thanks a bunch bro's..

Go BIG or Go HOME...

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I've had somewhat similar experiences with shrugs but nothing where it's cracking when I move it, I've strained it before from going real heavy and at the end there's the tendency to drop your head, when your forcing reps which can strain the neck.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    go see the doc bro, and get some pain pills

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah go see a doc, you could have pinched the nerve that runs thru your trap, Ive heard of it happening to guys before and from what they say it is very painfull.

CanadianGhost is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys....

I woke up in alot of pain this morning. I have had minor wrist tweaks and the like before, but nothing in the neck or back region. It is not fun that is for sure. My roomate gave me some relaxers from when he blew out his shoulder and it has helped ALOT.

I am hoping it will be okay to drive to the docs in the morning and have it checked thoroughly. Necks are a pretty scary thing. Thanks again Bro's, I'll keep y'all posted!

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck bro, u better get something like percodan's and not percocets!

Thread Information