Sage is offline Anabolic Member

DB military or BB military

which works better for shoulders size gain. I lift heavy on both, but can't determine if DB millitary press or BB millitary press builds more size ?

i max out at:

DB i do 70 lbs each 6-7 reps
    BB i do 175 lbs 4-6 reps

either one i go for 3-4 sets starting from low weights and boostin up to the max above.

DB will help you gain symetry as each shoulder has to lift on its own and one can not compensate for the other. I would think that BB military is a better mass builder though because you can lift more weight.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Von Pumpenstein
    DB will help you gain symetry as each shoulder has to lift on its own and one can not compensate for the other. I would think that BB military is a better mass builder though because you can lift more weight.
    What he said... might wanna throw in some arnold presses for a changeup as well

I'm in a Hurry! is offline Junior Member
    well what I'm not sure usually I do... Both! Do them both! If you can't I do prefer the DB for the similar reason... butter symetry but I would defently do both ( don't know why I say would cuz I am)

kmannnnnnn is offline Associate Member
    do warm up set say 35 pounds 20 reps go to 80 pounds for 3 then hit with 70 s for 8 plus reps you can do it just push

kmannnnnnn is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=Sage]which works better for shoulders size gain. I lift heavy on both, but can't determine if DB millitary press or BB millitary press builds more size ?

i max out at:

DB i do 70 lbs each 6-7 reps
    BB i do 175 lbs 4-6 reps

either one i go for 3-4 sets starting from low weights and boostin up to the mas see above going for mass sinles bar works traps more build it go heavier at the start push yourself

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Doing both is always good. Why choose when both are such good exercises? I would do both myself but I have a hard time getting a spotter at my gym (its mostly a boxing gym; most guys don't lift weights who go there) so I like the fact that you can do DB press by yourself as long as you are careful.

CanadianGhost is offline Junior Member
    I agree with the above responses.....

Personally, I do both. I like the differences that each exercise offers. If you want pure mass and strength, BB's are pretty tough to beat. For isolating each delt deperately DB's do hold an advantage. I guess it depends on a) your goals and b) where you are in your regimen...For myself and my goals at the moment, I like to incorporate both movements. Hope that helped.

Whatever your plan is, train intense and train safe....

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i think a mixture both in routine would be ideal.for example one week hit bb and next week in db, have your muscles guessing.mix up the intensity,rest intervals,and reps. shock those muscles bro!

Thread Information