small_calves is offline New Member

working biceps 3time week

i got really small biceps, would working them 3 times a week be bad?

decadbal is offline Banned
    yes, you have to let the rest to have them grow...

small_calves is offline New Member
    how long do i rest them for?
    when i work them out i dont get sore..
    so i think to myself i should be working them out more

decadbal is offline Banned
    soreness isnt what to go by, u have to work them out fully then let them recover fully, allow 3-4days between bicep workouts, and go heavy, barbell curls are best for size

Danielle is offline Female Member
    more doesnt always mean better...........work them twice a week, the most
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

PoPpaPaQ Guest
    I was having trouble gaining arm size as well.. it may not be your arm program that is lacking.. remember, in order for your arms to grow, so does the rest of your body (i.e shoulders, chest, forearm etc....) you don't see guys with massive arms and little shoulders, its all gotta be balanced to grow.

Latimus is offline Banned
    If you do back one day and bis another...then you are already working them twice a week...if you are working them 3 times plus back then you are working them 4 times and they will grow...smaller...

if a muscle isnt fully recovered...and you work it while its in a recovering phase, the stress will cause it to recover quickly but not bigger..or stronger..and you cant just work it when you feel better..it needs atleast a day or two from when it FEELS recovered...

(simplified) First the muscle gets the lac. acid out, protein in and recovers..you may think you are ready to workout again but its just because the acid is out...the growth isnt over...

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Definitely dont work biceps 3 times a week. Ive tried this before and got no results because I thought 3 times was better also. DEFINITELY not the case. I used to do 2 and now I do one (like others have said your using your biceps when you work out your back)....and my Bis have gotten noticably bigger because of it. Remember, you need REST AND RECOVERY in order to grow

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i do bice twice a week at the most, but 75% of ur arm is trice so maybe you should concentrate on them more instead.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    ya bro, concertrate more on compound exercises on tris, -close grip, weighted dips, 45 degree french curls, yur arms will see awesome growth. plus for bi's, worked them hard 1 time a week and then when u do your back workout, (pullups and pulldowns) will automatically incorporate them into training session.

captain anabolic is offline Junior Member
    As all/most have stated, DONOT work bis or any other muscle 3x per week, two at most, with plently of rest in between. Also soreness is not an indicator to go by. Finally something to ponder: In an experiment why back when a man ONLY did squats intense for 3 months, well not only did his legs grow but he put an inch and a half on his bicep as well It is what is called the indirect of muscle growth.

Take Care,
    Captain Anabolic

Maroon is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, DO NOT work biceps 3x a week. I recommend working your biceps and triceps together once a week and possibly doing supersets. I get better response from my arms by doing bis and tris on the same day rather than on separate days.

-Griff

Thread Information