OT8268 is offline Associate Member

What time of day should I train for football (please read theres more)

I am training for football right now, and we have running at 7 am on monday wednesday friday, and we have lifting m,w,th,f. Here is my situation my friend wants to lift on monday and friday mornings after we run, but I am weaker in the morning than I am in the afternoon generally and especially after running. Will this effect my strength gains, or does it not matter as long as i am giving it 100% and until failure?

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    Most people who lift and run in the same session always put the lifting first ... I forget the exact science, but there is a method to the madness. 1. more strength to lift if that comes first. and 2. something to do with glycogen stores i believe... but that is about as complete of an answer as i can give on that.

If you feel you are not getting as good of a work out buy lifting directly after running, i would definantly hit the weights in the afternoon. I do my cardio on my lunch break and go back and lift in the evening.

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    alright thanks, but does anyone know of any texts to support that, I want to explain that to my friend. But also I just want this clarification in a statement....
    so lifting after I run will hurt my strength gains?

Thread Information