LM1332 Guest

Leg Press question?

Alright so lets see on my squats i can do 2 plates on each side when i finish off my routine i do it for 4 usually. On leg press today however i did 6 plates on each side, ok, so now the question is what is the ratio between those two?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    2:3 ratio
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    depends on the machine.

decadbal is offline Banned
    everyone can LP alot more than you can squat....no ratio needed really, just go heavy baby..lol

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    everyone can LP alot more than you can squat....no ratio needed really, just go heavy baby..lol
    That is really your answer. However, most of the folks that I know that work both....come in around 2:3. That is based on a very small population, but is pretty close.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I agree it totally depends on the machine. I train at a few gyms and the weights are slightly different at each place

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Depneds on the angle of the machine... and most leg press carriages have some weight to them also.

yup swellin... 2:3 looks pretty close to me

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    I definetely agree sometimes i leg press double of what i can squat. I guess in my opinion im more confident lifting heavier in the lp machine since i can always bail out when i cannot take more.

spoon

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    2:3 ratio
    hey bro whos that chick in your avatar? is that carmen elektra?

Spoon

fabry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Depneds on the angle of the machine... and most leg press carriages have some weight to them also.

yup swellin... 2:3 looks pretty close to me

i used different leg presses with same angle, but made from different companies and the "feeling" was completely different.
    there are some, also, with a "cammered" system that makes it easy to use lot of weight!
    dont think is possible to make a ratio... imo!
    ciao

cbpumped is offline New Member
    I don't know about a ratio. On a 45 degree sled I can work out with 10 to 12 plates on each side with sets of 10 reps. As for squat I am a firm believer in doing medium to heavy with strict slower sets(better on the back). I feel my legs being worked more that way than doing heavier weight. I mean just because I can push it up doesn't mean it is working the muscle better than a bit lower weight? I squat 315 for sets of 10 or more and then jump to 365 for at least 6-8 rep sets. The best results I think is to do squat then sled during the same workout. That kills my legs. Then I finish up with extensions and lunges or some other leg movement. I do 10 sets for my legs and 6 sets for hams.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont think there is a ratio, just go as heavy as possible on each excersize, I do 315lbs squat for reps and 10 plates a side leg press for reps so as you can see 2:3 dont mean anything for me, just go with what you body can handle.

LM1332 Guest
    So everybody is pretty divided thats kewl. What i learned is screw the ratio and do medium to heavy weight with correct form. But yea its been two days since i worked out legs and **** they are still burning. I felt it more then i did squats? aight thx guys

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think there's any set ratio.. because of knee surgery I still can't squat much over 225.. but i can do 700 for reps on leg press..

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    try do 10 sets of leg press for leg day, balls to the wall. then next week 8 working sets of squats, just those and leg extensions. its a good mix up to do every few months or weeks

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    725 on squat... and 2200 on leg press for 4 reps (cant max, no room )

1:3 then...

might be closer..

Thread Information