roccoswello is offline Associate Member

Gain one inch in one day? t or f

Allright, I just got done reading this article in May 2004's Muscle & Fitness. The one with Triple H on the cover. The whole reason I picked it up is because of the article in huge bold letters titled:

ARMS
    1 INCH
    BIGGER
    TODAY
    (NO KIDDING)

The article claims that this 5 hour long arm routine, including 60 sets will give you a 1 inch gain... and yes, the 1 inch is supposed to be retained..

Most of my bros at the gym and anyone who works out regularly has told me that this has got to be a crock. (My thoughts as well).

They all say for me to try it and let them know if it works.

Can someone please shed some light on this subject b4 I kill my arms in a single workout....

nj123 is offline Member
    i have heard of that on this site before. do a search for it.. I personally think it would kill your bi's. If you do it and you start to feel pain in your bi's thats not normal then stop. Seems like a good way to get injured to me?

decadbal is offline Banned
    anyting to good to be true....ISNT

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    man guys i read this one artical that said i could gain at least 2 inceches in a day, ha just jokeing. if it work let me know i am more then willing to try.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    How the hell could you even lift anything at the end of 5 hours of lifting youd have to hit up the 2.5 #ers that you put on the barbell b/c your arms would be so fried. It might work though you never know until you try.

decadbal is offline Banned
    well with 1cc of synthnol rubbed in and hit your biceps hard, you can gain maybe 3inches...lol

Chris Columbus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    anyting to good to be true....ISNT

Preach it

mfenske is offline Member
    I'd say the fact that it's in Muscle and Fitness is proof enough it's BS. According to the Weider folks Gunter, Ronnie, Jay, etc. got so huge by following the Weider principles, Weider weight gainer, Cell-Tech, and NO2. Seriously, that's it. No GH, AS, etc. Mark

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Garbage. It's inflammation. I wrote up more detailed **** in one of the other threads.

HardcoreGymWARRIOR04 is offline Junior Member
    First of all, you dont retain all of it...........second, yes you do gain an inch........third, it is a swelling affect, not completely muscle gain........fourth and mosts interesting, a portion of it can be retained

Latimus is offline Banned
    60 sets...sounds like a latimus workout..haha

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    seen the article. do that workout and probably your arms will be pumped up more than normal but i say in a couple days itll be gone,,seems like a waste of time to me...

DJFactor is offline New Member
    I would say every time I work my bi's at the gym, I gain an inch in swell. After about 2-3 hours of rest, its gone. Yeah, some is retained, like .005 of an inch every time, probably! So I guess they are NOT lying if they say SOME can be retained, right? Hah!

But I agree, no way working your arms for 5 hours is healthy. Not unless its over the span of a week!

alevok Guest
    good way to burn muscle fibers permanently.....

someday is offline Member
    some bros have tried it with ok results seeing keepable gains of 1/4-1/2 inch. However they also said that they had to take a week off from everything becuase they simply could lift or carry anything for the next 5 days or so.

Don't ever f*cking post anything with a title similar to that again... MY girlfriend spotted that 20 feet away and turned red...

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    my friends have done it. about 1/3 inch remains after a week. I personally will try it when i find the time...

Well, thanx for all the input. I decided not to try that for right now, as I feel like it would probably decrease my workout time over the next week.

Hey pimp sorry to get your girl excited. There prob is an article like that somewhere, but thats a whole different kind of board man.....

hey_tiny is offline New Member
    5 hour workout? Thats a good one. How often are you suppose to do this? Do you eat between sets?

Your only suppossed to do it once I guess.

Yeah the guys in the article said they ate once each hour as follows:

Meal 1 - 1 banana, plus mix together: 8 oz. ground turkey, white rice, garlic-basil tomato sauce and spices.

Meal 2 - Same as meal 1

Meal 3 - 4 hard boiled egg whites + 1 banana

Meal 4 - 6 oz. fat free cottage cheese mixed with fruit

Meal 5 - 40 g whey protein + 6 fat free oreos (they say as a reward, I wouldn't eat those though.)

By the way this routine is set up to do at home, because it's so long. No machines etc.

Thread Information