OSTIE is offline Senior Member

Overworkin the tri's???

Quick question for u guys. I feel that my tri's are lacking. This is what my tri workout looks like ( I do them on mondays with bi's)

3 sets up dips
    3 sets rope pushdown 10x8x6
    3 sets kickbacks 10x8x6

Then i do scull crushers and in between sets do presses.

Two questions then i guess: first, how does this workout look for tri's?
    Second, so i can get my tri's up to par, would it be OK to add a light tri workout on fridays where i maybe only do two different tri exercises?

Thanks
    -ost

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    stick to 3 exercises IMO bro. . skull, close grip, and the dips (make sure to increase the weight) and yeah, it woul be ok to throw in another light day of tri's, but dont over do it and keep them 3 days apart!

also remember that things like bench press and shoulder press work your tris also, so so listen to your body

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I do the following...
    After my chest workout, I do 3-4 sets of Close-Grip Bench, 2 sets of weighted dips, 3 super sets with EZ bar (12reps of Skull crushers, 12 of pullovers, 12 presses right after the other), 3-4 sets of Rope Pressdowns. It's been working pretty well for me.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I do Legs/Back/Biceps/Abs on Monday and Thursday, Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Neck on Tuesday and Friday, and Heavy Cardio on Wednesday.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Too many sets. Go for 8 sets max. Try doing overhead presses for the long head of the tricep. This will give you that hang when doing a double biceps pose.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    the triceps can handle ALOT of work, you can do 2 tri workouts a week and 10 tricep sets each workout without problem.

decadbal is offline Banned
    my workout is like this, and i have some big tris.. vbar pushdowns, 3x12, nosebreakers, 3x12, behind the head ext, 3x12, and flatbar pushdowns, 3x12..

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    not enough compound ex in your workout, need close grip b.p, 45 degree french curls, or weighted dips imo....

DJFactor is offline New Member
    What do you guys think of reverse-grip pulldowns? Using a handle on the cables, doing each tri seperately? Or am I just calling them something different than you already mentioned!!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DJFactor
    What do you guys think of reverse-grip pulldowns? Using a handle on the cables, doing each tri seperately? Or am I just calling them something different than you already mentioned!!?!?
    i like them, but u gotta make sure u do em real strict or they wont do sh!t for your tri's

DJFactor is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    i like them, but u gotta make sure u do em real strict or they wont do sh!t for your tri's
    ok, do you face the cable and pull them back, or do you put your side to the cable and pull them out across your body? i see people doing them both ways...

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    if you're working your tri's and chest on seperate days then I wouldnt work them out twice a week. you use your tris alot doing chest so it'll be like working them out 3 days a week. too much if you ask me.

se11 is offline Associate Member
    to tell you the truth, I've gotten great results doing just bench presses(5-6 sets, 8 reps) and Overhead Extensions(4-5 sets, 8 reps) every other day or two. I've been doing this for about five months and my triceps are really looking good. i don't really do whole workouts, i usually do 1 or 2 exercises for a muscle every other day or two.

hey_tiny is offline New Member
    I dont think its overtraining but everyones body is different. I usually do a warm up then do 6 sets with 6-8 reps. I try to focus more on form than lifting heavy. If I go too heavy my form is bad even if i accomplish the same sets and reps and that doesnt give me as good results. I would have to agree with everyone here that you should focus alot of compound exercises. Compounds, form, and time is all you need.

Thread Information