Thread: muscle memory

big_dom85 is offline Junior Member

muscle memory

Ok for like the past year my training went to **** but now im getting back with it and i was just wondering i lost about maybe 10-15lbs of muscle or maybe im just exagrating but yea what i was wondering is how much memory does muscle have? will i regain it back faster than what it took me to get it n the first place or will it take the same amount of time?..... and if it does take the same amount of time then what the phuk does *muscle has memory* mean?

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i think u can get to where u were in time, i always thought the term muscle memory was say u didnt lift for a while and then after u get back into it,your muscles get adjusted to the weight u use to lift..i could be wrong though...ex,if u benched 315 and stopped for a month,started lifting again,then in 3-4 weeks u were almost back to where u were....

Yea thats more or less what i thouht it meant

captain anabolic is offline Junior Member
    Muscle memory means the muscles remember to a degree what they use to look like, be able to lift. Example You lift for a year get weight up to 200 from 180lbs, chest up to 45", with a 350 bench, Now you stop liftin' and lose it all, in time you are back to 180, 40 inch chest, 220 bench. Well you decide to hit it hard again this is where muscle memory kicks in. In most cases it will only take 1/2 the time to get back to where you where, in the previous example it took you one year, that would mean 6 months to get back now.

Later,
    Captain Anabolic

adamw1 is offline Associate Member
    "Muscle Memory"
    A Theoretical Concept Based on Athletes' Reports

It has been theorized that multi-nucleation might explain the longstanding anecdotal phenomenon most athletes call "muscle memory".

Muscle memory is recognized when someone who has had substantial muscular mass and then lost it due to injury or layoffs from training, returns to training and regains the majority of the mass in a much shorter time than was initially required to develop it.

What could be happening is that the specific muscle proteins in the muscle were cannibalized by the body for energy production during non-use. The muscle, however, retains a higher than average number of nuclei that the previous exercise stress caused the body to create.

When presented with exercise and proper nutrients, new protein synthesis can occur at an accelerated rate.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not sure about the scientific explination but Ive found that once the muscle is built up to a certain point, it is able to get to that same point much faster than starting from scratch.

cool then i will b back 2 where i was much faster then

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe a theory...but I am convinced!

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    in lay man's terms, you can be in the peak performance you had in about two months, if you train with dedication and watch your diet, youl be lifting what you used to lift at your peak in 2 months. dont rush into things though by lifting heavy right away as you might get injured and actually halt your progress.

and some incentive for you bro, it is easier to get the muscle you used to have rather to build from scratch. Good luck

Spoon

Thread Information