Thread: Recover time?

netwerk is offline New Member

Recover time?

I work out on my chest twice a week..is this too much? After 48 hours, i'm ready to do more benches....just curious since I read a lot of post that people only do once a week on different body parts.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    48 hours is not enough bro, you will overtrain. Train it once avery 6 days.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Recover time?

Originally posted by netwerk
    I work out on my chest twice a week..is this too much? After 48 hours, i'm ready to do more benches....
    Just because you are not sore, doesn't mean you are recovered enough do do bench again.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You will not get bigger if you train it more..6-7 days between....

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    This is every beginner's mistake, during your first few months of training you might not feel any negative effect, but after a while you'll see yourself stuck in the same poundage, and even getting weaker, and you'll wonder why, even steroid users, with a faster recovery time, train one muscle group every 6, 7 days, the more you rest, the more you grow. This is not a skill that you have to "practice" often to improve your performance, we are talking here about Strength, Growth, and repair of the muscle tissues under intense (hopefully) heavy training.

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    I forgot to say that larger muscle groups (chest, back, quads, hams) take longer to recover than small muscle groups(delts, tri's, bi's) Also it's almost impossible to completle isolate one group from another, for instance, when you squat, you're using not only your legs, but also your back, abdomimals shoulders,etc, and you'll notice that the way you design your weekly split have to be adjusted depending on the recovery time of different muscle groups. It's not a good idea to "copy" somebody elses "routine", we all have our individualities and what might work for one, might not for another. You'll see yourself changing your split quite often until you find what's best for you.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll cut my routine to 1 per week for each muscle group.

Core is offline Junior Member
    I bench 3 times a week, mon-wed-fri. I tried the once a week or twice a week but I was no where near as strong as if I do it 3 times a week. When I miss a day, I feel much weaker and have to let up on the weight. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones that recoup quick. Currently I'm 160 and I bench 335 5-6 reps no spotter 3 days a week and have been working out for 12 years. I havent taken any supps in years and never did juice. But I'm going to start taken creatine and L-Glutamine.

Core

Core,

Do you see any gains with the growth of the muscle in your chest area? Or just gains in strength? Reason why I ask is that I've been told that even though you can start benching again after 48 hours you're not giving your muscle enough time to recover and grow.

Core is offline Junior Member
    Netwerk, my chest is pretty big. I wouldnt want it much bigger. I have no doubt 3 days a week is right for me. Does it work for another person, only trail and error will tell.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    If it was mention and I missed it then I want to re-itereate that unless you're on AS then your ability to recover are limited to nutrition and sleep. If your nitrogen balance is AS assisted then sure train chest 3 times per week as long as your eating tons and sleeping sufficiently. But if you're natural then give the big muscles a few days and even consider altenating your high joint stress workouts with lower joint stress workouts.

Stimulate the cells+nutrition+sleep=GROWTH

Thread Information