se11 is offline Associate Member

Dumbell Curl Routine

I'm just wondering what the best routine is using dumbells. Should I use heavy weight 5-8 reps or do less weight 8-12 reps? I am not doing barbell curls due to a pain in my arm, so I was wondering if anyone has a good routine using dumbells. Thanks alot

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    lets say u do 4 sets, let the first 3sets. be 8-12 reps. Let the last set be the max weight that u can do only between 5-8 reps. this will work for u i think

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    standing hammers,incline alt, and conc curls will blast your bi's...

Pump2004 is offline Junior Member
    I like Arnold curls where you bend at the waist with legs shoulder width or slightly wider and just have the arm hang down. Do not move the upper arm, just curl at the elbow. Kind of like a concentration curl but the arm isn't stabilized against the knee or a bench. great for the biceps head.

hugesunglasses is offline New Member
    try seated one arm cable curls. the give you get a really good pump because the top of the movement isn't a resting point - theres still resistance.

DJFactor is offline New Member
    ever tried standing cable curls--when you stand between the 2 cables, bring them in from the sides at about head-height? they help alot IMO. these build the head on my bi's bigtime.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Try seated incline dumbel curls. Since you have pain in your wrists go moderate 8-12 reps then asses from there. dont overdo it because you dont want to injure yourself.

Spoon

erock29 is offline New Member

dumbell curls

it depends on what your trying to accomplish...i try to vary all my workouts so the muscles dont create any memory, i get more growth that way. if you want your bi's to grow, hit them hard with heavy weight as many reps as you can.....but if the weight is heavy you shouldnt get more than 6 in a set. Try doing three sets of each of three exercises heavy and then you can do a light finisher x3 sets 8-12 reps where you can really squeeze the muscle and work the contraction.

some good dumbell lift...hugesunglasses worte about the seated dumbell curls, thats a good one just make sure the bench is set up like an incline bench that way when you bring the curls to the bottom there is still tension on the bicep

standing cable curls, head height...another good one but i only use this one as a finisher, this one will hit the head nicely and its easy to work the contaction..i always contract for at least a **** of one on this one

you can never go wrong with hammer curls or concentration curls...i prefer to stand and alternate doing hammers.....concentration curls are a great heavy workout......you can also do the hammers like the seated dumbell curls

just a few ideas bro...but to be honest know what your body responds to and then listen to it, this will help you get the most from your workout.

erock

se11 is offline Associate Member
    later on im gunna try regular dumbell curls, incline curls, and concentration curls to see how that goes

erock29 is offline New Member

21's

you ever heard of 21's??? they are a killer.......you can do them with dumbell's one arm at a time rather than the usual with the ex curl bar.....7 reps from halfway up to the top contaction, then the bottom half of the mation then, 7 full curls to finish.....this is killer

erock

Latimus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump2004
    I like Arnold curls where you bend at the waist with legs shoulder width or slightly wider and just have the arm hang down. Do not move the upper arm, just curl at the elbow. Kind of like a concentration curl but the arm isn't stabilized against the knee or a bench. great for the biceps head.

pumping iron

great movie

Thread Information