Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

Training for a fight

How should I train for a boxing style fight. It isn't coming up til October, and I'd say I'll start training in August. What do you think is the best way to train? I want speed but still with power. Any suggestions.

sungilly is offline New Member
    I recomend plenty of cardio. It doesnt matter how strong you are if you are to out of breath to think or fight then you are screwed. I also suggest tons of push ups, chinups and ab work. Any weights you do on top are a bonus.

hugesunglasses is offline New Member
    Six Steps of Training to Become A Great Fighter:

1. Go to Philadelphia, PA
    2. Run down Benjamin Franklin Parkway
    3. Reach Philadelphia Museum of Art
    4. Run up all of the stairs until you reach the top
    5. Hold your clenched fists high above your head in celebration
    6. Kick ass in your fight come October

you can thank me for the advice later

sensaispike is offline Member
    ok man here ya go...i am a karate instructor so alot of this is tried and true..... the first thing is 1 month is no where long enough in advance.........at the verry least 3 months ahead of time is what you need....Sungilly has some good info do a **** load of body weight workouts pull up push up crunches just like he said also you must run alot like 2-4 miles a day (at first then more) and do massive amounts of jump rope....work on the heavy bag combos ect.....and if you have use of them the headache bag and the speed bag are great for building accuracy and speed.....what kind of fight is this...is there any kicking or ground fighting allowed? because if there is you need to add a whole new sort of traning..... i have sent even kids to nationals with this so it is verry effective... i hope this helps you and if there is anything else feal free to ask....

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    No, it is just a boxing style match. I wish it was more of a MMA match cause i'm a decent wrestler. Yeah, a month may not be long enough to auctually get my body ready. Thanks for the advice everyone, espically hugesunglasses. LOL

Thread Information