Act of God is offline Member

Can't get bi's sore

Ok, I am doin my best but I am just not gaining there.

This week I did

Standing BB curls, 75x10, 95x10, 115x8 (little cheating, my bi's are mad weak)
    Preacher straight bar curls, 60x10, 70x10, 80x10
    Standing Hammers DB, 35x10, 45x10, 45x10

I usually stick to barbell curls, dumbell curls, and preachers...I haven't had soreness in the bi's in a long time. Plus, I am just not getting stronger.

Any suggestions?

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Trying increasing your reps. Burn them out. What I am currently doing is reversing what I have done it the past for example you would go like this:

Barbell curls
    2 warms ups.
    1st set - 120 for 8reps
    2nd set - 110 for 10-12reps
    3rd set - 100 for 12-15reps
    4th set - 75 for 20+

And so on with your next exercises. Make sure you are flexing hard at the top of each rep and even change up the order of your exercises. Maybe do Barbell curls at the end as opposed to the beginning.

Act of God is offline Member
    hell, i'll try anything at this point. I was just worried that the higher rep stuff wouldn't pack on mass. I'll give it a whirl this week though

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    try heavy DB preacher curl negatives at the end of your bicep workout

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    tear downs work for me/....

preacher....... when you have an assisted rep....... the next one............. you hold while the spotter pulls the weights down..... you resisting all the way........

if you aren't sore after that........

maybe you should............. naw........... that'll do it........
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Pin curls make my bi's more sore than they've ever been.

What you do is you go to the equipment where you squat freeweights.
    Take the safety bars and raise them to your elbow height.
    Take the barbell and put on slightly more weight than you can curl.
    Curl the weight to the safety bar and press as hard as you can against it for 3-6 seconds and keep doing it until you cant hold it for 3 seconds anymore.
    Add more weight each time if you want but do it at least 3 sets.

Beleive me this will make your bi's sore. I don't even do any other bi exercises with this cause it would be too much. It develops your lower bi's so when you go back to doing regular curls (usually after 6-8 weeks or so) you should be able to curl more. It's said to be able to add up to an inch to your arms after you return to reg curls. I'm only in week 4 so I don't know yet if thats true or not. But if you're looking for something to make your bi's sore I don't think you're going to find anything better than this.
    -PrairieDawg

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    If you really want them sore, as with any muscle, you gotta torture them. First off, try supersets. As u usually do, start with barbell curl, and imeddiately after finishing the set, pick up and do a two arm dumbell curl (not alternating) with a weight that if you added the dumbells together would be slightly less than the weight you used for the barbell curl. 4 sets of that. About a minute to two minute rest inbetween each round. Next, mix things up and try not doing preachers, replace it with concentration curls or cable curls. Last and MOST IMPORTANTLY, stop cheating... a little bit on the last few reps maybe be excusable, but if you want to kill the mucles man, do slow reps, no swing, no puttin back into it... and when you cant do another rep... bring the bar to midrange and just hold it there as long as you can. You do this right, and ur bi's will be DEAD... which is latin for "GOING TO GROW"

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    [QUOTE=spywizard]tear downs work for me/....

preacher....... when you have an assisted rep....... the next one............. you hold while the spotter pulls the weights down..... you resisting all the way........
    QUOTE]

Hell, I'm going to try these....sounds fun. Thanks Spy

How about 21's? Three sets right after four sets od preacher curls and seated incline curls. increasing the reps should help depending on how many you do for each set.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    10x10's,one exercise, 2 minute rest intervals same weight,try it out,might spurt new growth,.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    The only thing that I would add is Super sets and concentrated curls. Turn the preacher bench(what you actually rest your arms on) and turn it around so that the flat part is facing away from you. Take a 40lb slowly lower all the way(almost straight) and do at least 10. Immedietly grab a 30lb and do 5 or 6 until it hurts or burns.(catch breath and do other arm) Do 3 to 4 sets of concentrated curls. Also, arms should be done fast!! The least amount of rest time(I do 15 seconds) between each set the better. You may want to start out at 25 seconds until you get used to the pain and burn. peace

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    I get the same promblem from time to time. Incresing your reps may help. Id also suggest doing some completely different bi workouts. Change the order in which you do the excersizes aswell. Whatever you do fisrt on Bi day, do last and whatever you normally do last, do first. Meanwhile changing the weight to either lighter or heavier weight/changing the reps too. Last but not least,..seriously try some super sets.....also try alot more cable excersise to increase the negative you're getting during your workouts.

Thread Information