Long&Strong is offline Associate Member

Max bench...everytime?

what are your opinions on maxing everytime, and what do you consider "max"?? once, twice, how many times do you rep before you consider it a max?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    static training is max everytime........ and i push until blood vessel pop..... then i back off just a little.....
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

thanks spy...bump for more

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I think maxing out is too tough on the ligaments to do every week. I usually max once every 6 weeks or so.

bump

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    Agree with chrisAdams, maxin out every week isnt the best idea. The body grows based on time under tension. So even though your using the most weight possible, its not for enough time to truely stress ur muscle enough for growth. But checkin the max rep is def a cool thing to do, especially when you have vitamin s helpin you, as ur signature leads me to believe.

KidUK is offline Associate Member
    Good thread, i was wonderin it too, since i've started back 2 months ago, i've been maxing every chest workout, usually giving a 4-5 day rest and i've been increasin at least 8-10lbs every time on bench, is it bad in that case??

Hit-That is offline New Member
    If you want to get stronger, do not max out all the time. A good strength training program will take 10-14 weeks. So you wouldn't max out until the program is over. Maxing is hard on the CNS. If you max out all the time, you CNS will get burned out and you won't be able to train with as much intensity. If you attempt your 1rm or your 10 rep max, it's basically the same on you CNS so don't do either or any in between.

You should get on a good strength program before you waste your money on gear.

Thread Information