solidj55 is offline Member

A workout for real men...

This is my new workout I will be starting next week. Its basically geared for a more functional body(including: explosiveness, muscluar/cardiovascular endurance, fat loss, and body awareness) THIS IS NOT A BODYBUILDING WORKOUT. This is a workout for those who want above average fitness without all the fancy BS. For those of you tired of bodybuilding BS try this out...

Mon/Wed/Fri- Morning workout
    2 Arm Kettlebell Swing X20
    1 min rest
    1 Arm Kettlebell Snatch X10(each arm)
    1 min rest
    1 Arm Kettlebell Clean X10(each arm)
    1 min rest
    1 Arm Kettlebell Swing X10(each arm)
    2 min rest and repeat 1-4 times
    Total workout time 15-30 minutes, depending on amount of circuits...

Tue/Thu/Sat- Morning workout
    10x10 Burpees w/ 1 min rest between sets
    Total workout time- 15-17 minutes

Monday through Saturday-Night time workout
    Jump Rope- 4 minutes of Tabata Intervals(20 sec jump rope, 10 sec rest, etc)

There it is, simple, effective and a puker...
    By the way, since starting Kettlebells I havent dieted at all, I still continue to lose fat all the while eating anything I want. The only thing is this, I do my morning workouts on an empty stomach and do some sort of night time exercise every day, even if its just walking around the block lol. But the workout I posted above is the one that will take my bodyfat to new levels of low and help improve my functional body even more.
    Last edited by solidj55; 04-12-2004 at 09:44 PM.

roccoswello is offline Associate Member
    Jump rope?

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    So it just looks like you work you arms and jump rope, im confused by the each arm thing...

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by solidj55
    This is my new workout I will be starting next week. Its basically geared for a more functional body(including: explosiveness, muscluar/cardiovascular endurance, fat loss, and body awareness) THIS IS NOT A BODYBUILDING WORKOUT. This is a workout for those who want above average fitness without all the fancy BS. For those of you tired of bodybuilding BS try this out...

Mon/Wed/Fri- Morning workout
    2 Arm Kettlebell Swing X20
    1 min rest
    1 Arm Kettlebell Snatch X10(each arm)
    1 min rest
    1 Arm Kettlebell Clean X10(each arm)
    1 min rest
    1 Arm Kettlebell Swing X10(each arm)
    2 min rest and repeat 1-4 times
    Total workout time 15-30 minutes, depending on amount of circuits...

Tue/Thu/Sat- Morning workout
    10x10 Burpees w/ 1 min rest between sets
    Total workout time- 15-17 minutes

Monday through Saturday-Night time workout
    Jump Rope- 4 minutes of Tabata Intervals(20 sec jump rope, 10 sec rest, etc)

There it is, simple, effective and a puker...
    By the way, since starting Kettlebells I havent dieted at all, I still continue to lose fat all the while eating anything I want. The only thing is this, I do my morning workouts on an empty stomach and do some sort of night time exercise every day, even if its just walking around the block lol. But the workout I posted above is the one that will take my bodyfat to new levels of low and help improve my functional body even more.

Whats a kettlebell?

Spoon

1- Yea jump rope, Its a good cardio workout and improves coordination a lot more than running.

2- I do not work my arms. These are one handed olympic exercises or partial olympic exercises. They are explosive lifts, its a power movement, comes from the hips. Your arms are mearly there to guide the weight to the finish. When preforming snatches, cleans, and swings, every muscle in your body is worked, they are full body movements, not arm movements...

3- A kettlebell looks like a cannon ball(with a flat bottom) with a handle on it. Its an old weightlifting tool used by Russian military, strongmen, and olympic atheletes. Do a search on Google for more info.

Oh, I am suprised no one asked what a Burpee is...

decadbal is offline Banned
    . For those of you tired of bodybuilding BS try this out...

this is a bodybuilding website, so you must be the only one tired of it.. you may wanna incorparate some leg workouts, or back or anything other than arms..

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    wonderful....... no offense but your ignoring every proven sceintific fact of how muscles work and how to build and stregthen them..

old fasshioned..... out dated...... and ineffective...

its liek your tryingt to type a resumme with a ecth a sketch
    PREACH...

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    typeing a resume with an etch-a-sketch.... LMAO!!!

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    i always thought a workout for 'real men' consisted of intense bodybuilding. jumping rope is for the playground

Guess Im not a REAL MAN, cause I don't have time to jump rope and play with cattles balls........

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think you need to refocus what your goals are solid and/or state what your goals are. Obviously, they are not BB, but if your goal is something along the lines of athletics or OLY lifting, then you need to rethink your strategy.

skinnyman14 is offline New Member
    "cattles balls"....that was some funny $#@$!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I think you need to refocus what your goals are solid and/or state what your goals are. Obviously, they are not BB, but if your goal is something along the lines of athletics or OLY lifting, then you need to rethink your strategy.
    i think the prob is not thinkin for himself, finding some BS workout somewhere and thinkin its awesome, when its clearly pourly thoughtout, and probably a joke to see what tard would use it..

Wasnt stepping on toes here guys, the title of this was jokingly. Everyone has different goals. And this is not an arm workout. This is not some workout I found. This is a style of training, make your own workouts. My goals are not big muscles, etc.
    This is for pure function. Dont knock it until you try it. If this is such an outdated way or training then why do Russians and other European strength athletes still use it?
    Why does our own US Department of Justice and Department of Defense use it to train there elite??? Also, numerous martial artists train this way, Steve Maxwell(a Brazillian jujitsu champion)also trains exclusively this way. I bet money that the strenth legends in the past that used it are stronger than most anyone on this message board. This type of training hits a little of everything. Its mainly endurance(muscular and cardio). Oh well, I can see that most people on here are close minded about training ideas so I wont post on this anymore. But I must say for those of you who say that these exercises only hit the arms, you are preaching ignorance. Visit this site, look at his pics, then tell me this way of training is useless. I bet dollars to dougnuts that this guy is stronger and looks better than most of you on this board, and he only trains with Kettlebells, bodyweight, and clubbells. www.mikemahler.com
    Last edited by solidj55; 04-13-2004 at 05:52 PM.

Some other sites you guys should check out, that is if your not too closed minded, are:

www.militaryfitness.org
    www.dragondoor.com
    www.specialtactics.com
    www.maxercise.com
    www.workingclassfitness.com

asiancuts is offline Associate Member
    well....don't keep us waiting, what is it?

asiancuts is offline Associate Member
    well...... what is it?

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member

flashback

A burpee, if I am not mistaken, is when you go from standing- to squatting with your hands near your feet- than stretching to extending your legs out in a pushup like position- back to the crouch and than back up on two feet. But at a fast pace. Something I haven't done since the Army and a word I haven't heard since H.S. LMAO Exercises for pink elephants, "ya thats it.... almost got it....keep trying there little fella"
    Last edited by mark956101957; 04-14-2004 at 12:30 AM.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    this is a bodybuilding website, so you must be the only one tired of it.. you may wanna incorparate some leg workouts, or back or anything other than arms..
    Normally I find decadbal somewhat offensive.... him insulting Canada, or minorities, or idiots (no offense bro)... but I agree now with him 100%

You're trying to tell us that your tea kettle ball is better for explosiveness than ballistic style squats or any kind of barbell clean for that matter? I'm still LMAO. My grandpa can do burpees. I even think Men's Health wouldn't publish this article for fear of losing subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    two- in the power breathing picture he has a boner...

My goals are not big muscles, etc. This is for pure function.
    Thats sweet bro, but Im trying to get swoled up to where I gotta order XXXXXL t-shirts as are most of the bros on here. Sounds like some bs.

You guys are missing the point, but I wont go into it anymore. I used to think the guys on this board were pretty cool and open minded... Oh well, by the way all you guys calling me stupid, calling me an idiot, etc. Thats all fine and dandy. Go over to the powerlifting board on this site, talk to powerlifterjay, he will tell you a little bit about my numbers. I was putting up numbers at a 165lb bodyweight that I see you guys that are 200+ are just now putting up. Dont knock **** until youve tried it.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Go over to the powerlifting board on this site, talk to powerlifterjay, he will tell you a little bit about my numbers. I was putting up numbers at a 165lb bodyweight that I see you guys that are 200+ are just now putting up. Dont knock **** until youve tried it.
    Trying to make us feel bad for 'insulting' you by insulting us back puts you on our level. And numbers dont mean the program is working... I have a roomate who is backup MLB in 2nd year uni ball... the guy is a genetic freak and could put up numbers I prob wont hit for 15 years. He must use the cattle ball...

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=animal-inside]solidj55....... when i open your site i thought a few things

two- in the power breathing picture he has a boner...QUOTE]

maybe thats just from the pump he got hangin a kettleball from his balls

Latimus is offline Banned
    My goals are not big muscles, etc.
    you are on the wrong side of the tracks my friend

Who wants to be a skinny little bone rack that can lift 650. Not I said the roc.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roccoswello
    Guess Im not a REAL MAN, cause I don't have time to jump rope and play with cattles balls........
    yeah me niether!! my nutts are big enough!!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess I'm not a real man beacsue I do heavy squats, deadlifts, and benchpress instead of the macho workout of skipping rope. Can you superset that with some hopscotch.

jk bro

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    I guess I'm not a real man beacsue I do heavy squats, deadlifts, and benchpress instead of the macho workout of skipping rope. Can you superset that with some hopscotch.

jk bro

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member

lol

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999

jk bro
    LMAO right on!

Its cool, I am glad there are so many tough guys out there. Stick to what works for you guys and for your set goals. My goals are different. I cant understand all the flames and etc. but whatever.

Dude you flamed first. By your title "A work out for real men." Knowing how different that work out is then the mainstream on this board, you implied that we are not men. Think b4 you speak and you will be fine. You should have titled it more like "An alternate work out for real men." Although Im sure you would have caught some static about the bells and jump rope, it would not have been as much. And who ever did it would be more of an a$$ than they/we are considered to be now.

Thread Information