Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    dave_0000 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10

    Overtraining biceps and triceps?

    biceps:


    barbell curls- 3x10 Stay at same weight for each set

    hammer curls- 3x10,8,6 Increase weight each set

    standing dumbell curls- 3x10,8,6 Increase weight each set

    On the day that I work biceps i also work back.


    Triceps:

    dips- 3x10,8,8

    skull crushers- 3x10,8,6 Increase weight each set

    close grip bench (super set w/skull crushers)- 3x10,8,6 Increase weight each set

    tricep pushdown (machine)- 3x10,8,8 Increase weight once and stay at the same weight for the last two sets.

    Tricep exercise is after chest exercise. I workout each body part once a week, and usually vary the exercises. Would this type of workout be considered overtraining?
    Last edited by dave_0000; 04-14-2004 at 11:08 AM.

  2. #2
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    i doubt it, if you really want them to grow give them their own day

  3. #3
    Latimus's Avatar
    Latimus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,283
    def not

  4. #4
    dave_0000 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10
    Thanks for the replies. I Might change the exercises to see if that will work better.

  5. #5
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    3,710
    Do only 3 exercises for your tri's. you could be overtraining them. I'd workout my arms the same day as legs so you can concentrate on them more without them being overly taxxed by your upper body wok outs.

    Spoon

  6. #6
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Do only 3 exercises for your tri's. you could be overtraining them. I'd workout my arms the same day as legs so you can concentrate on them more without them being overly taxxed by your upper body wok outs.

    Spoon


    bad advice if you do legs then arms, you your body is going to send your nutrients and everything to repair the muscles in your legs because its a bigger priority. your arms will be repaired last. this is why if you want to grow them you give them thier own day

  7. #7
    skinnywuss is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    long island, New York
    Posts
    28
    Yeah don't do your arms with legs. The way you are doing it is fine and not overtraining but i prefer to have a day devoted to just arms rather then doing a big muscle like back and having little energy left for bis.

  8. #8
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    bad advice if you do legs then arms, you your body is going to send your nutrients and everything to repair the muscles in your legs because its a bigger priority. your arms will be repaired last. this is why if you want to grow them you give them thier own day
    Since im experimenting with DC and workout:

    DAY1: CHEST, SHOULDERS, BACK, TRICEPS
    dAY2: LEGS, BICEPS.

    Should i throw the biceps and triceps in another day or fit them in day 1?

  9. #9
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Since im experimenting with DC and workout:

    DAY1: CHEST, SHOULDERS, BACK, TRICEPS
    dAY2: LEGS, BICEPS.

    Should i throw the biceps and triceps in another day or fit them in day 1?

    im not very familiar with the whole DC method of training, i have read about it, but am doing well with my current routine. i think you example of day1 day 2 for DC would be over training. also im afraid of getting hurt, it seems with DC you can be injured easily if not very very careful. you should do DC 3 days a week, if thats possible. you grow when you rest.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •