DJFactor is offline New Member

Abs--recovery time?

i have heard that your abs recover faster than any other muscle in your body. well, major muscle that is... anyway, is this true? i work my abs 4 times a week, usually 2 days, 1 off, then 2 more days, 2 off. is that too much? they dont get TOO sore the next day, just tight.

also, anyone know a great workout for your side-abs? i have very good abs, but the sides are undeveloped. please help!

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Your abs are no different than the rest of your muscles. You wouldn't work your shoulders every day and, similarly, you shouldn't work your abs every day either. Your body needs recovery time In order to grow stronger and change.

Work your abs 3 non-consecutive days a week, taking care to target all your ab muscles.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Hanging side crunches!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJFactor
    also, anyone know a great workout for your side-abs? i have very good abs, but the sides are undeveloped. please help!
    Get some slings Bro. I had no definition on the side of my abs until I started doing these. I do hanging "twist" leg raises 25 reps per side for 3 sets.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    rule of thumb is every other day.

Spoon

skinnywuss is offline New Member
    Having abs is going to be based mostly on your diet so doing them all the time is a waste. You can do them every other day any more is to much in my opion. personally my abs get enough workout just doing heavy legs and tris

DJFactor is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    Get some slings Bro. I had no definition on the side of my abs until I started doing these. I do hanging "twist" leg raises 25 reps per side for 3 sets.

not sure what slings are, but i will start doing the hanging twists. i do the leg raises, but only to the front right now. i will do the twists and see what happens, thanks man.

also, i know it has to do with diet as well, and i eat well MOST of the time, just so i dont lose the abs i have already. its common sense. cant eat 4 cheeseburgers a day and do a few situps thinking you are gonna have a 6 pack, right?

thanks for the comments, guys.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Exactly...I start cutting 2 months before "Beach Season" (Start mid April) and I diet hard...cardio 7 days a week on an empty stomach in the AM, and do abs every other day. This WILL work. Dedication is key...How much do you want it?

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i think its mostly diet, i did abs when i was young, like 15 all the time, got a good six pack, i do abs evey other week and with a good diet and still have decent abs

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea, EOD is what id hit, if u do it everyday, hit uppers, then lowers then sides and repeat

jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    3 days a week is fine... or EOD like others have suggested.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    By side abs do you mean obliques? Anyway, a good one I've been getting good results with is by sitting in a "v" position on the ground with nothing but your ass on the ground and take a 25lb plate (or whatever weight your comfortable with), hold it a few inches above your chest with your elbows out, and swing your elbows side-to-side as far as you can go. Be sure not to actually "swing" so that your muscles get the workload. Hope you can understand that description.

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    I see better results when I hit my abs on days like Sat. then obliques on Tues and then abs again on Wed. When I did them ed I did not see good results. When I forced myself to rest. Boom. They suddenly appeared. Go figure that a muscle needs rest to grow.

Thread Information