OT8268 is offline Associate Member

Sleeping Problems

I have read mainy places that your body grows the most during sleep, recently I have had sleep problems and have only been getting 4-5 hrs. But I am in bed trying to sleep for 7-8 hrs. What I am wondering is;
    Is lying down and doing nothing the same as sleep? Or is there something special about being fully asleep where gains occur?

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Interesting fact is everyone says you need 8 hours but your eyes,and brain only need 2 hours rest aday the remaining time is taken by the body to repair damage caused by the previous day.Even if you are not sleeping just resting is better than nothing,your body is still repairing itself.

peaker is offline Senior Member
    billy i read that your body is not recovering until your actually sleeping due to being it in such a relaxed state?

peaker

Core is offline Junior Member
    I was told from my g/f who is a personal trainer that your body actually needs exactly 8hrs 15min of REM sleep to complete all its cycles. You cant make it up on the weekend and rest is real important. Lord knows its hard to get that much sleep in.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Actually, there are 4 stages of sleep then REM. Each stage you go into a deeper sleep. You have to go through all 4 stages before your body can enter REM. You are actually in those 4 stages longer than you are in REM every night. And your body is actually in the deepest sleep state at stage 4, which means that it is kinda easy to get woken up in REM. (Remember that one time someone woke you up and you jumped out of bed with your heart pounding and you can't remember anything about a dream going on, well, that's because you are in stage 4).

Anyway, the amount of sleep you need is dependent on your body, everybody is a little different. Kids should get at least 10, and as a general rule, adults need at least 7. Through in a hard gym workout a few times a week and you probably need 9 or 10.

I have the same problem as you OT8268, I go to bed around 12 and fall asleep anywhere from 2 to 4, then i get up at 8 or 9. Personally, I think lying there is better than nothing.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    OT8268 are you taking anything?
    caffein, ephedrine, ma haung?

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    I attribute it to cramming for 3 tests in a one week period, each time with adderall that wasnt prescribed to me, the outcome is even when Iw as done studying at 2, i couldnt sleep til 4 now, and now that its a new week I cant break that pattern

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    lol , thank god those day are over for me. your gonna have to stay up all night one night then then next day hit the sack around 8-9pm got get back in the groove

NightOp is offline Member
    i have the same prob... i kill myself on virtually every workout..
    when i goto bed at midnight i usually dont fall asleep till 2 (or later)... i just lie there tryin to goto sleep.. and then the nxt morning i wake up (around 8-9) dead tired not wanting to get up and i feel like i could sleep all day... so frustrating and no im not takin any ECA stacks or anything like that.. i think it might be my pre-bed time meal (25 grams carbs, 30 grams protein...)

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member
    Why dont you try sleeping pills if you cant fall asleep??

NightOp is offline Member
    cuz i have to piss like four times during the night cuz of my prebed time meal/water.... don't wanna wake up in a pool lol

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    Same thing here bro. I usually lay down around 12 or a little later. And most of time I don't fall a sleep until like 1:30-2 am. And if I try to go to bed at like 11 pm, I'll fall a sleep right then but then I'll wake up like 3 or 4 in the morning and won't be able to get back to sleep at all.

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    to get yourself out of that bad sleep schedule funk you have to force yourself to get up early one morning and just trudge your way through the day. no naps. then that night you'll sleep fine and be back on schedule. i do it all the time, especially during finals week.

Flaco is offline Associate Member
    Buy some Melatonin bro.Its cheap and effective...

Nico is offline Associate Member
    It is important to hit REM stage sleep when you are asleep. That is when your body releases hormones and you recover and grow.
    I just take a shot of Night Quil and I'm out like a lite and off I grow.

Thread Information