Thread: Pec tear?

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator

Pec tear?

I was training chest last night and got a severe burning pain in my chest on the right pec.Carried on training and stopped 2 excercises short of the end because I felt pretty ill.Woke up this morning and my right pec is a mixture of blue/purple/red bruising and is sore to touch but does not ache that much to move.Any ideas ? I reckon it just probably overstretched the muscle and it bruised as I have heard a pec tear is very painful? any info would be great

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    It sounds like pec tear to me ...OUCH BILLY...

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Billy Boy any doubt go to A&E now bro, but if you ask me and I'm not there but I know your're set up and I doubt you're torn a pec, if you we're able to carry on training, is the arrear swollen? Have you got full mobility?

Thanks guys

BA the area is just very tender and black and blue but I still have a good range of motion if I move my arm slowly.Its a little swollen but to be honest i don,t lift enough weight on bench to justify a pec tear.I,ll see how it goes over the weekend and if it still looks bad I,ll visit the Dr,s.I just wanted to be sure.To be honest I think it looks worse that it feels at the moment

Maybe the g/f punched me in the chest as I was sleeping LOL

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    yep the last one sounds about right bro

Does my g,f do it to you too? LOL Good job she doesn,t read this board I,d have a black eye to go with the chest for that comment

mando is offline Associate Member
    try some ice trapy .......... later on try benching with the bar alone jus to feel where exactly the pain is , watch out for futher internal bleeding ( get it checked !! )

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Billy,
    Sounds like you have damage somthing. I do know that while training with a freind of mine awhile back we would litterally push out the reps on the peck deck until I could almost feel little sharp twinges in my pectoral muscles. The next day there offten times was a little bruise or maybe somthing that looked like a busted vien right under the skin but I never actually tore the muscle itself. At least not to the discription that you gave. Let it rest a few days. Chances are that IF you did tear the muscle lifting anything would be painful enough that you would know right off the bat that something was wrong. I have tore a muscle in my arm before and it hurt like hell. I could'nt even lift a glass of water off the table without the pain searing through my arm. I hope your situtation improves in the next few days.
    Good luck bro.
    IC

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Billy, go look at my pics in the pics section - that's what I looked like after tearing my left pec. It does sound like you've ruptured yours but only a small rupture.

I wouldn't bother with A&E - I went straight after the injury (via an ambulance!) and they sent me packing without even a sling! W*nkers!

Feel free to mail me if you want bro.

def

I,ll go look at your pics defdaz in a mo the brusing seems to have moved more under my armpit it just hurts to touch or put any weight on.I can,t be bothered with the Dr shite I,ll train tonight if it gives me serious grief I,ll get it checked tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice guys

The bruising is blood, Billy... it moves under the pull of gravity so while you're sat up it'll move down your body and towards your back whilst you sleep... erg!

fingers crossed for tonight mate...

def

It feels better this morning for working it out still a lovely colour LOL but it feels better and the ice pack helps so no probs and no visit needed to the Dr,s!

PHEW!!! Congrats Billy, wouldn't wish a full on pec tear on anyone.

Daz

Nah I started to read up on it and ouch sounds very painful not something you would want to happen

Don't remind me...

Thread Information