Terinox is offline The One & Only

Are My Workouts Too Long ?

I think I posted something like this a long while ago, but I can't remember. I'm not sure if it was a poll or something. Anyways, basically, I workout 3 days a week, one muscle group a week.

Back/Biceps/Abs
    Shoulders/Legs/Abs
    Chest/Tri's/Abs

This is M/W/F, but my workouts take about 2 hours to 2.5 hours long. I don't fuck around much. I'm usually with friends, one or two but even then, we don't take up too much time. I dont' even get it, sometimees time just flies. I still feel okay, my body still wants to keep going.

I usually do about 4 exercises pre muscle group, and 3 for abs. That's pretty much a total of 10-13 exercises. And about 3-4 sets each. Is this bad? Should I drop one exercise? Do less per muscle group, like only 2-3 exercises???

How long do you guys workout? Let me know.

Thnx
    Terinox

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    im on kinda the same workout but it only takes me 45min to an hour to work out

3 exercises for chest, 2 for bis
    3 for back 3 for tris
    7-8 sets per muscle

damn, wtf am I doing wrong then ???

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    If you feel like you're workouts are not hard enough even though they're long then try increasing the intensity by compound setting some of the movements. Or even a giant set. Also I'm not a big fan of more than 2 people training together because of the wait time between sets.

How long of a break should I take between sets??? It's usually 1-2 mins for me.

The Emperor is offline Associate Member
    First of all yes you are working out too long. It should take no more than an hour. You probably need to focus more. I find it hard to believe that you spend 2 hours in the gym doing exercise. Also you are working out with one person too many. When you have three people this extends workouts alot. When you work with two people going back to back a quick a possible is best. Your smaller body part like bis don't need 4 exercises. Go for two at 3-4 sets each. This should work you better and you should be able to go more intense.
    DevilsDeity's workout is alot different from yours even though they seem similar. You should give this a try if possible and drop the third person. If you can't then use another machine or something.

edraven29 is offline Associate Member
    my workout time is 45 minutes and below, i do 1 exercice per bodypart taken to full intensity, after that i cant do no more becose i have burned the muscle 2 sets each and whole body workout.

I am gonna start something new in a while using lighter weights and going for forms, i have to admit my forms suck.

Core is offline Junior Member
    I put in 2 hours M-W-F but I hit a lot of different areas. I think 2.5 is pushing it and you are over training. It really depends on what you are doing and if you BS. I see some people run for 45 min. Should they only workout for 1 hr, of course not. My benching alone takes 1/2 hour and abs 20 min so does that mean thats all I can do in one day, hell no.

Hoopwxf is offline Female Member
    2-2.5 hrs, you're insane. 1 hr and I am pretty much crawling out of the gym. I would suggest, if you have the time train 5 times a week, 1-2 body parts a session, back, chest, legs, shoulders, bi/tri, or something like that, lift as heavy as possible and rest for no longer then 90sec. Just my opinion......
    You are the master of your body, take control and sculpt it.

Hmm....i'll think about it and let u guys know.

What about abs, do u work them out every day? 5 days a week? every time you go to the gym ?

Hoopwxf is offline Female Member
    Abs I chuck in at the end of a workout twice a week only takes about 10 mins max for me, say Mon and Thurs.
    You are the master of your body, take control and sculpt it.

Core is offline Junior Member
    I do abs 3 times a week. It takes me about 20 min and its the last thing I do. I hit them pretty good but not over kill. Diet is what really makes them show.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Terinox
    damn, wtf am I doing wrong then ???
    45 x 3 = 135 minutes = 2 hours 15 minutes

I would never have more than one training partner, 3 makes it too long between sets and makes the overall workout too long. I mean I love to workout, but the gym is not where I like to spend my time.

alright dudes, once again, thnx for the info

Thread Information