Thread: traps are small

TheGame826 is offline Member

traps are small

hey guys
    my traps are so small and i think its just genetics because they are strong as hell, and the rest of my body looks great, well my calves are small too but thats it. any of u guys have any tips for my traps?

bravo11p is offline Associate Member
    One nifty exercise I just learned and it has helped a lot is doing shrugs on one of those free form squat machines. Use it like you are doing shrugs. I can lift a lot more doing it this way than doing conventional shrugs. Plus, you don't have to worry about your grip failing with using heavy weights.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    When I have a lagging body part, I usually train it 2 or 3 times a week and it generally catches up,most people would call that over training but I think the muscle needed some more stimulation,and it works for me,I did traps 3 times a week for about 2 months and they grew quit well,maybe that's what they needed...

Tankass is offline Senior Member

Traps

Dude I get intense when I am working traps. Big shoulders and traps make you look huge. I take 120's throw on my gloves and wrist wraps. Wrap them up to the point where i feel like my hands will fall off. I walk into a corner and goto town. Scream like a mofo. It helps get the job done. Here is a pic. I am 19, 5'10" 210.

-g
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails traps are small-upper.jpg  

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    I like dumbell shrugs. If I use a bar my schlong gets in the way and its distracting. with dumbells you can get a better range of motion as well. hes a tip: for your reps: keep your back straight (a given) then with db's in hand let them fall as far as they can (so that your hands are holding the weight, not your traps) then with your traps pull as far up as you can go and squize at the top for a second or two as hard as you can. after a few reps it will burn like hell - gotta love it

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    The burn is where its at. If your working out, regardless of the muscle if its not burning while your doing it and aching when you leave your not working hard enough.

-g

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    in the words of dorian yates........"everyday is a trap day"

train them early and often, and occasionaly throw in hang cleans

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Go HEAVY! and i meen HEAVY
    Olympic bar with a buncha plates is killer. Like vegeta said watch your cock n balls they tend to get lifted with the bar
    Last edited by RageControl; 02-15-2002 at 10:42 PM.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Diesel
    Throw deadlifts in on your back day. (If you don't already)
    Amen Deisel, that is my suggestion, deadlifts, they'll do the trick.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Genetics deffinetly Play a key role in how your traps will develope.
    My bud works his traps 2-3 times weekly. No significant differance or results. Even while on AS.

Keep at it, it will come. But i would suggest doing a shrug, use a wight that tou can do 3-4 sets, 15 or so reps. This will give you a real tight Burn. Getting as much Blood flo as possible.

...Also, let the wieght hang on the last Rep.

..Lastly KEEP GOOD FORM! Good Luck, i hope this helps.

Flaco is offline Associate Member

In regards to the bar rubbing against your manhood

A friend of mine actually wears very tight underwear on trap days so that his dick wont get in the way.Trial and error I guess...

The Base is offline Associate Member
    I would suggest Clean pulls as if you do them correctly then you will naturaly shrug the bar on every rep. After you have done a session of them you could then move onto Deadlift, and make sure that you shrug every lift, even if it is 550lbs. Another alternative is snatch or snatch pulls. Both need a very good shrug if you are going to execute the exercise properly.

As with any exercise though, you can over train and i would suggest working this muscle group twice a week maximum.

Try rebuilding by going through a period of Hypertrophy and then back onto the power phase. It always helps me.....

Thread Information