Primetime is offline Associate Member

Need some lower back exercises

What up bros i need some advice on lower back exes. I do have some lower back trouble if that makes a dofference.

Thanks,

P

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    Most ppl with lower back problems stay away from deadlift. IMHO and my own experience, If you learn to perform the deadlift in perfect, and I stress, perfect form, in no time you'll be enjoying a healthy strong lower back, just be patient and take the time to do it with very very light weights, make sure that you master the lift before you start slowly adding weight. Do not wear a belt, ever, unless you're doing your 1Rep Max effort, and you won't be trying that for now. Keep your reps between 5 and 7, even if it's light, once you start adding more reps you start losing your good form. Always lead with your shoulders and use your legs in the first quarter of the range of motion, arch your back and keep it tight at all times, after you finish, lower the barbell with good control and don't get slopy or lose concentration, most ppl when they finish, hunch their backs and lower the weights carelessly, once again keep your trunk straight and use your legs, almost like squating. There are also special equipments in some gyms that you can use to do back extensions, and you don't have to use any weights, you can improvise using the "donkey calf machine" if you haven't done it before you can find someone in the gym willing to help you, specially powerlifters, they know all those tricks (I'm a powerlifter, eh, ..novice)

ravaz is offline Associate Member
    No doubt deadlift works well. Try some hyperextensions.

ptbyjason Guest
    woah, wait a minute guys.

Primetime, what kind of back pain do you have? Is it severe? Is it constant? Do you have shooting pain going down your leg?

If it is bad, I will give you some exercises you can do to rehab and strengthen your back that are all physical therapy related.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by ptbyjason
    If it is bad, I will give you some exercises you can do to rehab and strengthen your back that are all physical therapy related.
    that's what i was about to suggest, but i'll wait and see what primetime replies with. i use the big Theraband balls and do my exercises on that.

great question bro. I have had some sciatic? spelling, nerve problem before. I have been diagnosed with disk deterioration disease. hasnt slowedme down too much. ni just have to take things slow sometimes.

P

oh, pt iwould appreciate ant pys therapy advice you could give. thanks for the knowledge

P

Thread Information