Terinox is offline The One & Only

(A)utomatic (B)reaking (S)ystem ???

Okay, i've recently changed my routine, and only work out one body part once a week. It works out to Mon/Wed/Fri.

However, on all of those days M/W/F I work ABS as well. Now, that's only one day rest inbetween each AB day. Is it better to leave a longer rest period in between? I don't think working the ABS once a week is good enough, but I was thinking of instead of M/W/F is it better to just doing it on Mondays and Fridays? Leaving 3 days rest in between? How does this sound?

Thnx
    Terinox

SizeMatters is offline New Member
    The general consensus about abs is that it's ok to work them out more often than other bodyparts, so I don't think working them out M/W/F is a problem. Personally, I just plop down on the floor and do them at home whenever I have a chance, but if you have special exercises at the gym, then do them there instead.

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    This dosnt arnswer your question, but if you are going to train 1 body part a week, you should hit the gym at least 5 days a week. IMO if you are going 3 days a week you should double up

5 times a week? I think that's just too much, on monday i work back/biceps and then wednesday i do legs/shoulders and fridays is chest/tri's. Whats the different if i go more, like 5 times? It's gets hard and time consuming (being in univ. and all). I've been doing the M/W/F routine for 2 years and i've seen some good results in strength. Everything has improved, so I think i'll stick with this at least until the summer and see what happens.

let me know
    Terinox

potent is offline Junior Member
    abs are different from other muscle groups in that they are ok to train everyday. yes, everyday. i read that in some book from my kinesiology class.

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    oh shit bro, i misread your post, i thought you said you work out one body part a workout not a week, my bad, just disregard what I said. Because thats what i do, i work out 1 body part a day and go 5+ days...

no prob dude, it's all good.

I will continue to workout abs on M/W/F then, three times a week, and see how well that works out, right now i'm too fat to see if it's working good anyways

I know the abs are there hiding under all the fat

All in good time I suppose!

bravo11p is offline Associate Member
    Just a question Terinox, Why do you do chest/tri's together? Working the chest also hits the tri's as a secondary muscle group. I don't think I would get a good tri workout on chest day. I train bi's with chest. Just wondering. I have always been told not to do similar push or pull exercises together, ie Chest/tri's Back/bi's.

Bravo: I'm with BaSe on this one.

Of course everyone has it different, I remember reading that someone would workout twice a day, almost everyday and that worked well for him. Some people say to do push exercises together and then pull exercises together.

In a way, your answering your own question, when you do Chest, then yes, you are working out your tri's as well, and same with working out your Back, you get your bi's worked as well. Now if you were to do chest and triceps on different days, then you risk not allowing enough time for your tri's to fully heal. If you hit chest hard on Monday for example, and then do triceps on Wednesday, then that's only a one day rest inbetween. This is what i've been told from many different people. Also, I've been doing this type of workout for two years now, and it's working well for me. But that's the thing, it works well for me. If you see good results your way, then stick to it.

Thread Information