Wisco is offline New Member

Going in for a blood test monday. What should I ask to be tested / checked?

I'm 6ft, 175 lbs, 30yo, slim and fairly lean.

I'm going to my primary doctor on monday.

FYI I'm currently on lamictal for mild depression. Ideally I would like to see if my thyroid is working normally, test levels normal and also check cortisol levels. I have been doing my homework on this site and others trying to build my knowledge base before I go on my first cycle. I already have 2 vials of Test E and a bottle of Nova. Was planning on just doing 400mg Test E for 10 weeks. I'm waiting to get a couple big projects at work out of the way before jumping on the cycle so my stress levels are in check and I have proper time to work out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

F-Genetics is offline Associate Member
    Well you could ask him because of your "mild depression" that you are wondering if it could be do to low cortisol levels ( which can cause depression, lethargy and inability to gain weight etc..) You might want to mention your inability to gain weight. And also mention that you just have felt tired after working out, even when they were not that intense. And you were wondering if maybe your Testosterone might be low and could he order bloodwork to check your HPTA & Cortisol levels. Read up a little on HPTA and Cortisol before you do just to make sure you know what to say and what not to.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Complete Male hormone panel and make sure to get both free and total testosterone taken
    PSA baseline level
    Also make sure with the thyroid they do both t-3 and t-4 and not just the TSH (which sometimes many just do this)

oh and WELCOME! you will love it here!

Thread Information