measuretwicecutonce is offline Associate Member

Accutane from doctor hormonal blood work?

Curious if anyone would know if a GP test hormonal levels b4 prescribing accuatne. I know that blood test are done, but not exactly for what.

anyone?

djrodgers is offline New Member
    It is used to check cholesterol levels I believe, not sure if anything else though but I'm pretty certain that was the main aim of it.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    cholesterol and liver values
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

DanB is offline Banned
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

this

but it dose dependent, they might want a baseline and bw forthnightly, or then again, a baseline, monthly, 3 months

what dise you planning on running and is it through a dermatologist or self medicated?

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

this

but it dose dependent, they might want a baseline and bw forthnightly, or then again, a baseline, monthly, 3 months

what dise you planning on running and is it through a dermatologist or self medicated?
    in the US they require monthly blood work before you can get next months script

APM
    APM is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    in the US they require monthly blood work before you can get next months script
    Not always true for males... They will test females monthly to make sure they are not pregnant, (its actually in the documentation that you HAVE to sign and initial before being given the script). I recently just finished a five month run of accutane through my dermatologist, never once did I have a blood test through him, and yes I would go in once a month for routine checkups, and to have my script refilled. I have my bloodwork done periodically through my primary physician.

I will say, accutane was the best choice I have ever made to clear my acne, it was very severe all over my back, and I was on a decent cycle (cutting) at the time prepping for my first show. Completely gone, and in time for the show!

^^^ i agree on the female part of it. Didnt bring it up since i figured it didnt matter to us,
    Maybe they changed it. I had a script for it along time ago. At that time monthly blood work was required.

Thread Information