Pohjolainen is offline New Member

Bloodwork while on Cytomel (Liothyronine Soduim) or Synthetic T3

I have just recieved my bloodwork back and would like some input as to some levels that are labeled high or low. Could someone give their levels while using Cytomel for atleast 3 Months at 75 mg per day dosed in 25 mg per dose taken 3 times daily.

My levels:
    TSH .015
    Thyroxine (T4) .7
    T3 Uptake 46
    Free Thyroxine index .3
    Triiodothyronine Free Serum 4.7

Have a few other question but lets start with this...

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    You have a bunch of T3 in your system because you're taking T3. It's also suppressing your TSH because your body watches to make sure you have enough thyroid hormone and signals when your thyroid needs to make more. Your signaling (TSH) is almost completely shut off because you are taking hormone orally, and your body knows you have plenty.

You might want to add your reference ranges and/or units for your bloodwork in future, as this is an international board and the units used are different in different parts of the world and seeing it all together makes it easier for people to help you.

Just relisting bloodwork with units, ranges, and wether high, low or Alert level.

TSH .015 Low uIU/mL range .450-4.5
    Thyroxine (T4) .7 Alert ug/dL range 4.5-12.0
    T3 Uptake 46 High % range 24-39
    Free Thyroxine index .3 Low range 1.2-4.9

Triiodothyronine Free Serum 4.7 High pg/Ml range 2.0-4.4

Have you used T3 before? I was looking for a member to compare bloodwork too.

Thank you for the input!
    Last edited by Pohjolainen; 05-10-2015 at 09:11 PM.

I take a combination of T4 and T3 because I am hypothyroid. I take it you are taking T3 for some metabolic reason and not because you are low on thyroid hormone.

Your body is suppressing your T4 production (which normally is the primary hormone your thyroid makes) because you are taking T3, which is the active form. That is reflected in your bloodwork - that is what anyone would expect from someone that's taking T3.

Not being funny - I don't understand what you want to learn from looking at someone else's bloods. Maybe you can say what you wanted to learn by taking the bloods. Are you having symptoms that are worrying you?

None of this looks like your levels are so high that you're going to have a heart attack or something. Google the signs of hyperthyroidism, and have a look. If you have lots of signs of being hyperthyroid, then perhaps you would want to lower the dose. The most dangerous signs are things like heart palpitations, chest pain, very fast or very slow heartbeat, trouble breathing when at rest or irregular heart beat.

I dont have any signs that worry me and yes I am just adding T3 to me cycle this year prepping for a competition. Always up to try new things and see how I like it.

The reason I am looking to compare is a curiosity factor, really. Just want to see how my bloodwork compares to someone else that is taking T3 in a similar dose and if they have took T3 multiple years, multiple cycles or whatever.

I am going to google Hyperthyroidism, I have googled as much as i could about each thing in my bloodwork that was out of range. But what it really boils down to is I am trying to educate myself as much as possible when adding in new things to a cycle and trying news stuff.

Thanks again for the input and response.

No problem. Good to look around at hyperthyroidism such that if you were to get some sign when you are playing with this stuff, that you would be aware and know what it means.

I take enough thyroid replacement that my TSH is suppressed like yours, but my T4 levels aren't low (because I take T4 as well), so I really can't help with bloods. I would think your bloods would respond a pretty typical response to what you are doing.

Thread Information