Robar is offline Junior Member

timing of b.w.? difference in levels.

Will the time that I get b.w. change my levels that much? If so how much? I keep hearing get test done in a.m., does it make that much of a difference?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, it can make a lot of difference.

Graph below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Testosterone-circadian-rhythm.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	162427

Wow.. huge difference. My testosterone total was 533 at 2:00 never took anything. Wonder if it was higher than that at 6:00? Or my levels are set different because I work night?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robar View Post
    Wow.. huge difference. My testosterone total was 533 at 2:00 never took anything. Wonder if it was higher than that at 6:00? Or my levels are set different because I work night?
    Yes, working nights will make a havoc on your circadian cycles:

Abstract

In a study of the internal desynchronization of circadian rhythms in 12 shift workers, 4 of them, aged 25-34 years, agreed to be sampled every 2 h during their night shift (0000 hours to 0800 hours). They were oil refinery operators with a fast rotating shift system (every 3-4 days). We found marked changes in the secretory profiles of melatonin, prolactin and testosterone. Melatonin had higher peak-values resulting in a four-times higher amplitude than in controls. With respect to prolactin and testosterone, peak and trough times were erratic and the serum concentrations were significantly decreased in shift workers. Serum cortisol presented a decreased rhythm amplitude together with higher concentrations at 0000 hours in shift workers. This study clearly shows that fast rotating shift-work modifies peak or trough values and rhythm amplitudes of melatonin, prolactin, testosterone and cortisol without any apparent phase shift of these hormones. Whether the large rhythm amplitude of melatonin may be considered as a marker of tolerance to shift work, as reported for body temperature and hand grip strength, since it would help the subjects to maintain their internal synchronization, needs further investigation.
    Effect of shift work on the night-time secretory patterns of melatonin, prolactin, cortisol and testosterone. - PubMed - NCBI

Wow thankyou. I was kinda thinking that would of been my high as that's when I'm usually waking up (last test 2:00p.m.) I'm going in this week at 8isha.m. which would be the end of my day. I'll post my results. And compare. Pretty interested to see

Thread Information