VicktorV is offline New Member

Questions about Blood Work

I got my levels first checked in 2012 when i was 21 - I was thinking about doing something but never committed to it.

T: 23.3
    SHBG: 40
    FT: 442

seemed pretty good for a 21 year old.

Recently got them done again at 26
    T: 33.8
    SHBG: 51
    FT: 622

Now I thought my levels would decrease as I go older but they seem to have gone way up. can anyone shed some light on why they have gone way up. I haven't done anything besides OTC Test Boosters.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VicktorV View Post
    I got my levels first checked in 2012 when i was 21 - I was thinking about doing something but never committed to it.

T: 23.3
    SHBG: 40
    FT: 442

seemed pretty good for a 21 year old.

Recently got them done again at 26
    T: 33.8
    SHBG: 51
    FT: 622

Now I thought my levels would decrease as I go older but they seem to have gone way up. can anyone shed some light on why they have gone way up. I haven't done anything besides OTC Test Boosters.
    Your testosterone normally declines by 1% every year after 25 if you want to do a cycle in future make sure you get LH and FSH included in your bloodwork beforehand you can start..

VicktorV is offline New Member
    Hey Marcus thanks for the advice.

I spoke with my doc about it and was straight up about why i wanted the tests.
    lol actually I said to him look your most likely not going to like to hear this but I...and he said you are going to do steroids ? (he is pretty cool guy)
    So I gave him a list of what i wanted checks (LH, FSH, Total, Free, Estradiol & FBC) he said he said it I was better to get FSH, LH & Est post cycle. ??

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VicktorV View Post
    Hey Marcus thanks for the advice.

I spoke with my doc about it and was straight up about why i wanted the tests.
    lol actually I said to him look your most likely not going to like to hear this but I...and he said you are going to do steroids ? (he is pretty cool guy)
    So I gave him a list of what i wanted checks (LH, FSH, Total, Free, Estradiol & FBC) he said he said it I was better to get FSH, LH & Est post cycle. ??
    He is somewhat wrong. You need them pre and post cycle, so you have a baseline of what your natural hormones are so when you've finished pct you can see if you've recovered or not...

Thread Information