Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Strange lab results

So apparently I think I have accromegaly.

BTW never took steroids or growth hormone , etc. Always trained as a natural and I'm actually very big and muscular at 245 lns, 6'2, 16% bf. 32 years old.

My total testosterone is 471. When I was 19 it was 880.

My IGF-1 is 330 (88-246)

AST is 47 (0-40)

I have all the signs of accromegaly, including a big head, big hands, big feet, strong muscular body, high blood pressure, slightly enlarged heart... Probably forgetting a few things.

This sort of explains why I don't feel as vibrant as someone who is high in T, but yet I am still able to make progress in the gym. I never understood that about myself, but now it makes sense.

Now I'm going to have to consider going on TRT because I honestly feel depressed and crappy most of the time - and for my age the average is 600-650.

I'm thinking my pituitary is effed up, probably have a tumor it (hopefully benign). Docs probably won't prescribe TRT for someone with my levels, but I'm not happy being at this low level - I'm by all accounts a manly man. Big, strong, and hairy. I should have T that matches my body. It's very weird.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Your testosterone level is normal, nothing weird about it. Dont believe testosterone average values from TRT clinics, lots of marketing.

AST is barely above normal, what was it in previous BWs?

You need a pituitary MRI ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Your testosterone level is normal, nothing weird about it. Dont believe testosterone average values from TRT clinics, lots of marketing.

AST is barely above normal, what was it in previous BWs?

You need a pituitary MRI ASAP.
    I'm not sure as I haven't had blood work in a few years, but I don't think I ever had problems with the AST before. I asked an Endo in my family and she said it might be elevated because of a fatty liver. She thinks if I lost 15 lbs it would return to normal. But I'm not really fat at all, I mean I don't have a gut when standing up.

Thanks for reassuring me about the test level. I'm going to have the hormone panel done again in a month and if my IGF levels are still high, I'm going to get the MRI.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    How much was the ALT? Liver transaminases get elevated just by hard training at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    How much was the ALT? Liver transaminases get elevated just by hard training at the gym.
    ALT was 33 (0-44)

Thread Information