Jaxon0408 is offline Associate Member

PrivateMDlabs Correct test

Hi guys! Been a while since I’ve been on but wanted to double check before using. Def need to check E2, Prolactin, Progesterone, test levels and whatever else is needed. Just looking for advice to make sure I get the right test. My hormone dr usually handles it but I can’t talk to her on cycle and I need mid and post cycle tests. Any advice appreciated.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Are you sure you need progesterone?

Mid cycle and post cycle, I would get CBC, CMP, total and free test, and E2.

I would reserve PRL, DHT ( it's expensive), IGF-1, vitamin D, etc. when off cycle to get a good baseline.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Are you sure you need progesterone?

Mid cycle and post cycle, I would get CBC, CMP, total and free test, and E2.

I would reserve PRL, DHT ( it's expensive), IGF-1, vitamin D, etc. when off cycle to get a good baseline.
    Not 100% on the progesterone but I wanted to make sure I hit all the bases. I don’t want to be missing anything just Incase.

Tests I’m ordering
    HORMONE PANEL WITH LIPIDS

Price: $102.99
    Our Hormone Panel for females with the addition of a Lipid Profile.
    ***Both MALES and FEMALES order this panel, please be sure to enter the gender that you want reference ranges for when placing your order, as each gender has different reference ranges for these tests. ***

Use of synthetic steroids , various supplements and/or high doses of biotin may interfere with the accuracy of the standard immunoassay Testosterone Total serum test included in this panel. If you are taking any of these it is recommended that you order a panel that includes the Testosterone LC/MS-MS methodology for testing.

Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician.

Includes:
    Estradiol, serum;
    Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
    Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
    Testosterone, Serum (Total Only);
    Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
    Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)
    Lipid Profile: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).

Note: If testosterone levels are expected to be >1500, it is best that you order a panel that includes Testosterone LC/MS-MS as the testosterone test included in this panel has a cutoff of 1500. Reporting values that exceed 1500 will now be reported as >1500 for all regions, as this standard operating procedure will now be nationwide

Plus Prolactin and progesterone tests.

Come on guys help me out.

Somebody? Anybody?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    your "on cycle" .. you really think you need LH and FSH ? if you trust your source you really think you need total T levels ? heck I don't even bother getting E2 levels checked anymore, I don't see the point .. if I'm on cycle and trying to grow my E levels should be high . I don't need blood work to tell me that they are.
    its like looking in the mirror and paying the mirror $100 just to tell me if I'm a white male or not . pointless.

just make sure your health factors are in place when on cycle . save the detailed blood work for dialing in TRT

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon0408 View Post
    Not 100% on the progesterone but I wanted to make sure I hit all the bases. I donÂ’t want to be missing anything just Incase.

Tests IÂ’m ordering
    HORMONE PANEL WITH LIPIDS

Price: $102.99
    Our Hormone Panel for females with the addition of a Lipid Profile.
    ***Both MALES and FEMALES order this panel, please be sure to enter the gender that you want reference ranges for when placing your order, as each gender has different reference ranges for these tests. ***

Use of synthetic steroids , various supplements and/or high doses of biotin may interfere with the accuracy of the standard immunoassay Testosterone Total serum test included in this panel. If you are taking any of these it is recommended that you order a panel that includes the Testosterone LC/MS-MS methodology for testing.

Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician.

Includes:
    Estradiol, serum;
    Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
    Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
    Testosterone, Serum (Total Only);
    Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
    Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)
    Lipid Profile: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).

Note: If testosterone levels are expected to be >1500, it is best that you order a panel that includes Testosterone LC/MS-MS as the testosterone test included in this panel has a cutoff of 1500. Reporting values that exceed 1500 will now be reported as >1500 for all regions, as this standard operating procedure will now be nationwide

Plus Prolactin and progesterone tests.
    If you're running a 19-nor, you don't want that one. You need the LC/-MSMS version. 19-nors and other substances can interfere with the T value of the ECLIA type test.

That's why they state what I highlighted in your quote.

I'll stick with my original answer. CBC, CMP, total and free T, E2, lipids.
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-26-2019 at 04:49 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information