Thread: TRT bloods

boofhead187 is offline New Member

TRT bloods

Hi,

37 year retired from competitive lifting, been on TRT for 4yrs now with the occasional blast for a comp.
    Haven't had my blood's done in a year and a half due to covid ravaging my city.

Finally got some done in the last 2 weeks, on 200mg Test-E per week, bloods taken 4 days after last jab. \
    My concern is the HDL, Liver GGT & ALT and my Free test (these all appear high on the reference)

HDL = 4.1 nmol/L
    LDL = 3.5 nmol/L
    GGT = 78 U/L
    ALT = 66 U/L
    SHBG = 12 nmol/L or 114 µg/dL
    Total = 34.5 nmol/L or 995 ng/dL
    Free = 1277 pmol/L or 368.4 pg/mL

Thoughts from anyone knowledgeable is appreciated.

Thank you

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I would be unconcerned about free t being over range. You might pull a CBC to check your hematocrit and RBC, but high free t by itself is the holy grail.

HDL could be diet related, but I don't know how far over range that is.

Liver numbers make me wonder if you are blasting with orals or enjoying a drink or two? Not judging, mind you, just an observation. Depending on how far over range they are, you might be able to just add some milk thistle or even just wait it out. The liver is pretty resilient.

boofhead187 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I would be unconcerned about free t being over range. You might pull a CBC to check your hematocrit and RBC, but high free t by itself is the holy grail.

HDL could be diet related, but I don't know how far over range that is.

Liver numbers make me wonder if you are blasting with orals or enjoying a drink or two? Not judging, mind you, just an observation. Depending on how far over range they are, you might be able to just add some milk thistle or even just wait it out. The liver is pretty resilient.
    Both my Haemoglobin and Haematocrit are high but within reference range (which is why I didn't include them)
    I figured these are just sides from using and not donating blood in a couple of years.

Haemoglobin = 178 g/L (130-180 reference)
    Haematocrit = 0.52 (doesn't have a unit of measurement?) , the reference was 0.38-0.54

Nah no drinking, I've had a sinus infection recently and was on a course of antibiotics and prednisolone, I'm thinking that could be
    the cause of the liver numbers, will get them checked again in the new year.

HDL being 4.1 the is no reference range just says < 2.5, so this one is concerning me the most.

Thread Information