Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Beenonvaca
  • 1 Post By Beenonvaca
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Bloodwork help/newbie

Beenonvaca is offline Junior Member

Bloodwork help/newbie

I’m 56 and on trt for the past 18 months.
    For the past 4 months and currently
    my trt is ==

cyp@ 40mg eod= 140mg week
    equipoise @45mgeod=160mg
    proviron @ 50mg ed
    hcg @ 250iu eod
    b-12@ 1250mcg e4d
    Dhea@ 25mg ed
    D3@ 125 mcg ed

7 weeks prior to the following bw I finished 6 weeks of tren -a @ 200mg, along w the above trt.
    Have not done any pct.

BW RESULTS from ultalab

Result / Range
    Rbc= 5.93 / 4.20-5.80
    Platelet count = 226 / 140-400
    Hemoglobin = 18.1 / 13.2-17.1
    Hematocrit = 53.7 / 38.5- 50.0
    Wbc = 3.6 / 3.8- 10.8

Dhea = 345 / 32- 279
    Estradiol=. 13 / <or= 29
    Ferritin = 43 / 38- 380
    Fsh.= 1.0 / 1.6- 8.0
    Lh = .2 / 1.5- 9.3
    Ggt =. 17 / 3- 85
    HgbA1c = 4.9 / <5.7
    Hs crp = 1.2 / <1.0
    Insulin = 13 / <18.4
    Iron = 117 / 50- 180
    Tibc = 419 / 250- 425

Magnesium= 2.3 / 1.5- 2.5
    Progesterone= 1.3 / <1.4
    Prolactin= 4.7 / 2.0- 18.0
    T-3 free= 3.6 / 2.3- 4.2
    T-4 free= 0.8 / 0.8- 1.8

Testosterone =
    Total= 892 / 250- 1100
    Free= 281.2 / 35.0- 155.0
    Shbg= 19 / 22- 77
    Tsh= 1.97 / .40- 4.50
    Non hdl cholesterol= 140 / <130
    LdL= 121 / <100

As I previously stated I’m a newbie and trying to figure out how what and why with all of this.
    My goal is to add some muscle over the next couple of years so the 6 weeks of tren was sorta a testing cycle, I am pleased
    w results.

I would like to include the tren again as soon as possible, is there anything I should be concerned about or adjust before jumping back on?

Also is there anything I can do to better my results moving forward?

Really appreciate the help and feedback, best regards!
    almostgone likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Most of this blood work looks pretty good. Thyroid, test, shbg and most others look great!

Cholesterol is a bit off, it is possible the tren mucked that up, or maybe the proviron , or maybe the combination of the two. I don't know about EQ and how it might affect those numbers, but maybe it can? Don't know. Either give it some time to self resolve or take a look at your diet.

RBC, hemoglobin, and hematocrit are all over range slightly. Very easy fix there, just donate a pint of blood at the local blood bank. Don't admit to being on anything or they may send you away. After donation, you will probably notice you feel better almost immediately.

Those of us who tend to blast, even slightly, need to donate regularly. Those of us who don't blast should donate semi-regularly as there are likely very few blood banks that have all they need.

White blood cell count is low. That probably needs more conversation than I can provide. I just don't know enough about the causes of low WBC to comment. I don't THINK donation will impact this, but lets see if someone else chimes in.

BTW, at our age, DHT and PSA are important to see. It would suck to work hard to get into top physical shape only to find out that the prostate is trying to kill us. Just a heads up, not meant to scare.

Hey Cy, I appreciate your response, cholesterol is very likely the result of my diet post surgery. I kind a had some Depression and binge eating.

my blood numbers have been just above range for a while I assume it is due to my smoke inhalation occasionally, lol maybe more than occasionally, on occasion. But I will certainly take the advice of donating, if it will make me feel better!
    Wbc, could it be low due to the recent surgery? I
    knew I wouldn’t get all the labs I needed, my fault I kinda rushed into it before understanding what I wanted- how often should I have the psa and dht tested? I had them on my last test 6 months ago?
    As always I appreciate the feedback and help, no wonder they refer to you as the nice guy!!
    I admire people like that, it makes me feel less like a dumb ass, lol GD
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenonvaca View Post
    Hey Cy, I appreciate your response, cholesterol is very likely the result of my diet post surgery. I kind a had some Depression and binge eating.

my blood numbers have been just above range for a while I assume it is due to my smoke inhalation occasionally, lol maybe more than occasionally, on occasion. But I will certainly take the advice of donating, if it will make me feel better!
    Wbc, could it be low due to the recent surgery? I
    knew I wouldn’t get all the labs I needed, my fault I kinda rushed into it before understanding what I wanted- how often should I have the psa and dht tested? I had them on my last test 6 months ago?
    As always I appreciate the feedback and help, no wonder they refer to you as the nice guy!!
    I admire people like that, it makes me feel less like a dumb ass, lol GD
    We all started somewhere, man, so no need to feel like a pure dumb ass. Hang out, read read read, ask questions and eventually all of this will make sense. I didn't know sh!t almost 5 years ago (some would say I still don't, but that's a different conversation), but this site right here has all the info you will ever need. No, not as active right now as some others, but nowhere near the level of true dumbassery that you will find elsewhere (looking at you, Reddit).

I THINK you are the same age as me (55), if that is the case, I would pull PSA now just so you have something to work with. Then pull it every year, minimally, or maybe more often if you are experiencing issues with urination.

EDIT: Didn't realize you had PSA 6 months ago, I would probably still pull it now, just so you see how the blast impacted it.

I really do not know about lowered WBC. That would be a conversation with the doc, or maybe consult Dr Google, but man, do be careful with that. Dr Google can convince you that you have the dreaded and imaginary MonkeyPoxAIDSEBola hybrid if you aren't careful...
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Cy hit pretty much the major points, but keep an eye on your ferritin post donation. You're in range, but towards the lower end.
    If you're on TRT, you could probably drop the LH and FSH panel. Monitor your A1C and your lipids.
    I think your could drop the supplemental DHEA.
    I would suggest dropping the B-12, but since your WBC is low, I wouldn't right now. Also, agree that I would mention it to my Dr.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Well said, I have been extremely pleased with the information here.
    I had never posted on any forum prior to posting here, so I’m still figuring out how to navigate properly.

I also don’t see any reason to look elsewhere.

My biggest problem with learning is I remember very little of what I read, unless I actually experience something first hand it just doesn’t get ingested and stored like some people, but I suppose we all have our weaknesses as well as strengths.

Im happy having the opportunity of pleasing multiple gorgeous women daily! Lol

But on a serious note as expected that’s great advice!

Hope to be able to help others in the future!

They say it’s difficult to teach an old dog etc, I’m living proof, lol anyho I appreciate the help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Cy hit pretty much the major points, but keep an eye on your ferritin post donation. You're in range, but towards the lower end.
    If you're on TRT, you could probably drop the LH and FSH panel. Monitor your A1C and your lipids.
    I think your could drop the supplemental DHEA.
    I would suggest dropping the B-12, but since your WBC is low, I wouldn't right now. Also, agree that I would mention it to my Dr.
    Ferritin is the iron measure, right? You might supplement with iron before donating.... I have a story somewhere about trying to donate, the first time they refused me because of low iron, then I got that fixed and.... well, its a long story lol! But the short of it is: iron supps will fix that number up pretty quick. I only use for a few days before and after donating, literally like 3 before and 3 after.

Interesting, I am currently taking an iron sup, ferritin is a protein that stores iron inside your cells. According to google!
    My iron was low on initial bw prior to starting trt.
    I started with Ed sup, and over saturated and now take it eod.
    This is where I’m currently at
    Ferritin 43 / 38- 380
    Iron. 117 / 50- 180
    Tibc. 419 / 250- 425
    The tibc is total iron binding capacity, if I remember correctly.
    Not sure what it all equates to but I’m in range which should be an improvement!

Has anyone on here ever tried pulling blood at home, instead of donating?
    My area hospital only occasionally does blood drives.
    I don’t know if I have the nerve to try it just curious.
    I once heard of a nurse doing surgery on a friend at home and the friend died during the procedure! Rule #1 don’t get dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Beenonvaca View Post
    Has anyone on here ever tried pulling blood at home, instead of donating?
    My area hospital only occasionally does blood drives.
    I don’t know if I have the nerve to try it just curious.
    I once heard of a nurse doing surgery on a friend at home and the friend died during the procedure! Rule #1 don’t get dead!
    Regarding self- phlebotomy, yes , I have. On the other hand I have since made friends with a phlebotomist and she helps me out.

If you're on Dr. scripted TRT and are sent for a therapeutic phlebotomy, they will:

1) Charge you a fee. I believe it cost me $84 or so
    2). Take the blood they just drew and throw it away, which bothers me.

The combination of a high platelet count and high hematocrit is always something to address, but for medical reasons, I try to keep my hematocrit in check. I definitely feel and function much better when it is in range, preferably under 50%.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Good to know on the 50%
    I need to try harder to donate,
    How often do you suggest w my numbers?
    Can you explain in which way you feel better?
    I have a tendency to be depressed from time to time, and feel like I’m 80 most days.
    I Always have joint aches.
    Foggy head at times.
    Moody most of the time lol
    I don’t drink or use any drugs except flower but I want to quit that soon as I can!

Usually the blood bank limits you to a whole blood every 56 days or a double donation every 112 days. The kicker with the double is that you must wait 112 days after donation.

I would start with a whole blood donation every 56 days while your HCT is still manageable and follow up with blood work a week or so afterwards. It will take some time to bring it down and be aware the more AAS you use, the more your HCT (and probably HGB) will increase.

As far as feeling better post donation, I just feel like I can breathe deeper vs. feeling somewhat winded when HCT is elevated.

That sounds good, gives me a good idea what to expect, appreciate it!

Rymill02 is offline New Member
    What panel was that from ulta? I want to get a baseline blood work before I start anything. Also if you have time i was curious was it all done in one blood draw in fasting state? And was the cost the one flat rate from ulta or did you have any extra costs? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Rymill02; 06-24-2023 at 06:58 AM.

Thread Information