marcus300 interviews going4ripped

marcus300: Where about's in the world do you live?
going4ripped: Born in Ohio, stayed in Ohio. Just a few min's north of Cincinnati.

marcus300: What do you do for a living and what would be your idea job?
going4ripped: I am a network administrator for a small private owned company. I sit in a room all night and stare at a computer screen.... so naturally I come to this site and basically get paid for it. My Ideal job..... I enjoy what I do, but I would love to move into a larger size company. I basically make around $40 less an hour than what I would at a larger company.

marcus300: Do you have a girlfriend or wife?
going4ripped: I have been married for going on 7 years, 7 years this September to be exact.

marcus300: Do you have any children, if so what age are they?
going4ripped: 4 kids. The youngest will be 2 in June, the next one will be 5 in October, next one will be 6 in July, and the oldest will be 14 in September...... ALL GIRLS!

marcus300: What are your current stats and what would you like them to be?
going4ripped: Currently I am sitting at 6' 219lbs 10% (I am currently on a cutting diet until June). I am not sure where I would like to be. My wife asks me that too, and all I can say is, when I get there, I will know.

marcus300: What hobbies do you have outside bodybuilding?
going4ripped: I played hockey for years, even some semi-pro around 9 years ago. I still try and play every now and then, but my age and lack of flexibility that comes with it is really starting to show (I play goalie). I don't know if it would be considered a hobby, or a second job, but I do counselling for my church. Puts a lot of things in my life into perspective when I get someone telling some of their deepest problems and issues.

marcus300: Is the Church a big part of your life?
going4ripped: Church is THE biggest part of my life. Second comes family. A lot of people don't understand how I can put family second. It all comes down to faith. Everyone has a measure of faith in them. Whether you believe in God in one way or another, you have faith. Even if you don't believe in God, you still have faith that there is no God, you have faith in Science. I just happen to believe in what the Bible says, and the bible says I put God first, so I do.

marcus300: What made you start counselling for the Church?
going4ripped: Believe me, counselling was never on my mind early on. It really started when others started taking notice at how comfortable people are talking to me, especially if you meet me. I never judge, I never condemn. I am a very laid back person, I can listen, and talk too (I hardly ever talk 'at' someone) people usually well. I was approached by the Pastor of my church and asked if I would consider setting up office there and counselling anyone who was comfortable coming to me, so, I accepted.

marcus300: How do you deal with someone who wants to end his life and what are your techniques at directing them down the right path?
going4ripped: This is a tough situation. Anyone who has thoughts of suicide needs to be treated like every other person. The second you start treating them like they are a special case, most of the time they will resent that, and feel like you are showing them pity. The only thing you can do in situations like that is listen. Let them talk, let them tell you everything that is on their mind, why they are depressed. Believe me, its easy in your mind to start thinking 'hey, I got problems like that too', but you have to remember, everyone is different, and not everyone reacts to problems the same way. You have to try and relate with them as much as possible, let them know that you are always at least a phone call away from talking to them about any problems they have.

Members question: Explain your definition of God?
going4ripped: My definition of God is simple, God is the living creator of the universe, earth, and heaven. God is all loving and all caring, and it is for that reason that he forces no one to follow him, he gives us all the choice. If he forced everyone to believe in him, that would be bondage, and bondage is not love.

marcus300: When did you first start cycling and what kind of cycles do you use?
going4ripped: I started cycling around 2 years ago, and used pro hormones before that. If it is an injectable, I probably have used it. I am not too into orals for some reason, I don't really know why, just prefer to pin I think. Besides basic Dbol and Winny, I tend to stay away from orals.

marcus300:What as been the most productive cycle you have ran?
going4ripped: To date, my favourite cycle has been a combo of Test E, Dbol, Test Prop and Tren E. I had a great bulking diet and training regimen going too, so it was great.

marcus300: What advice would you give the newbies just starting out in bodybuilding?
going4ripped: Unless you have a well planned diet and training regimen going, and if you cant stick to it and show some self sacrifice, don't bother wasting your time. Steroids need to be your last resort. (On a side note, on here, I link up your thread about 'things to consider before starting a cycle' , plus I have it printed out to show people that I know..... I got something brown on my nose don't I?)

Members question: How often do you cycle?
going4ripped: I always at least go time on + pct = time off, but sometimes I will go longer than that. If I don't feel I am ready to cycle, I don't cycle. When I first started, I cycled as soon as I got the chance, but I now realize that your body needs to be ready to gain max benefits from it

marcus300: What as been the biggest regret in your life?
going4ripped: My first attempt at college, I moved to Kansas and it started out great. After about a year, I started to develop a major drinking and drug problem. I dropped out of school, had no where to stay, and basically lived on the streets for about 2 months before I had the opportunity to come back to Ohio. That's 3 years of my life I will never get back because I was ignorant.

marcus300:What was it like living on the streets for 2 months?
going4ripped: It was horrible. I would basically walk all night long, it was the winter time (January - February), so I tried not to sleep at night, even though if I did try, I didn't have anywhere to sleep. Every now and then I would sleep in a car of someone I knew, and then, in the morning, I would usually go to someone's house that I knew to crash for a few hours. I was fired from my job for drugs, I was under investigation by the FBI (small part, they didn't really want me) for connections to the 3rd largest producer of a certain drug in the midwest, I was also under investigation by the local police because they though I robbed my prior workplace.... which I didn't just to point out. It was not fun, I had no where to go.

marcus300: If you could re-live one event from your past what would it be?
going4ripped: Well, normally I would pick one of my children's births, but since my wife may read this, I will say the day I got married.... love you babe!

Members question: What are you most ashamed about from your past?
going4ripped: Well, besides the living on the streets and the poor choices I made then, more than that, I am most ashamed about how I acted during high school. I got horrible grades, stayed out drinking all night and other junk, and I put my Mom through some rough times and I can never forgive myself for that.

Members question: If you was Admin for a day, what would you change about this site?
going4ripped: ZERO TOLERANCE for people constantly breaking the rules. I would love to see something implemented on here where when you have a new member sign up, they are required to read the rules, then answer 4 or 5 basic questions about the rules (i.e.. 1) Can you ask or talk about sources? 2) Can you mention lab names? 3) Is flamming tolerated? etc. etc.). If all the questions are not answered correctly, then you are not permitted to join the site, if all of them are answered correctly, you can join... BUT, if you break any of the rules, you are gone, no questions asked. This way, no one can say they didn't see that rule, or were not aware of it. I know it would be difficult to implement this into the site, but I would try.

marcus300: What have been the negatives and positives of using steroids for yourself?
going4ripped: The biggest negative has been having to lie to my oldest girl about using them. I don't lie to my kids, but this is something I personally don't want them to get into, especially since they are girls. My biggest positives about them have been the feeling of accomplishment. Although I am not yet to the point where I want to be (again, not sure what that is yet), I enjoy the fact that I am at a point that many people want to be at, but aren't there yet, so I feel like I have accomplished something.

Members question: How did you learn about AAS?
going4ripped: I did a lot of reading on lots of sites, some experimenting on my own, but, the majority of what I have learned came from the vets/mod's on this site. I will never claim to know it all, and there is a lot I have yet to learn, but I never comment on something I don't know about, and if I do make a comment, I will be honest and tell you if I know of someone on here or a thread that may be able to answer their question.

marcus300: What have been your biggest influences on the board?
going4ripped: A lot of guys that I got to know when I first joined are gone now, shifty_git, lex57 etc. etc.. Of course, I think as most guys on here will say, Big was probably my biggest influence. Me and him always got along, and had a lot in common. I still talk to him on the phone at least once a week, plus, me and him got some side projects that are still out there. I have always enjoyed talking to Phate, and reading Narks diet info, and of course, I love your blunt honesty Marcus, cracks me up when I read a lot of your responses.

Members question: Why don't you spend any time in the Lounge?
going4ripped: I don't mind the lounge, there are a lot of good threads in it. I just enjoy the Q & A. I am not big on post counts, but I like it better that the majority of my posts are in the Q & A hopefully helping out members.

marcus300: Where have you travelled to?
going4ripped: I haven't really travelled like a lot of people have. For instance, I have never seen the ocean.... never. I have been to Denver, skiing in the rockies, northern Ontario, Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans, Kansas City, Buffalo, Toronto, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago and many other places, and those are all places that I had to go to for specific reasons.

marcus300: Are you content with your life?
going4ripped: I think like most people, every now and then I find myself in a rut. Sometimes life begins to feel a little mundane and repetitive, but all in all, yes, I don't think I would change anything about my current life.

marcus300: I hear you like your cars! what kind of car do you drive and what are some of your favourites?
going4ripped: I drive a 2003 Trailblazer. I have a total of 5 Corvettes. 4 of them are at my dads house since he has a 20 car garage he built. I have a 1954 corvette, a 1960, a 1967, a 1980 and a 1990. The 54 is still in primer, the 60 is in pieces, the 67 is Blue, the 80 is Black, and the 90 is white. Corvettes have always been my favourite.

marcus300: 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
going4ripped: My first wish would be for all my kids to grow up following God. My second wish would be for my wife to never to have to work again. And my third wish... isn't this where everyone asks for more wishes? Well, I will go against the grain and wish for McDonalds food to be included in my diet every now and then.... I love the fries man.