marcus300 interviews Gear

marcus300: Where abouts do you live in the world and how do you like living there?
Gear: Hi Marcus, first of all I wanna tell you this is a great thread. It really gives everybody a chance to get to know each other. A huge for you mate! Ok, here we go...I live in Melbourne Australia. I really like it here, I enjoy the warm weather and living along the beach. It's definitely my type of lifestyle.

marcus300:What was it like growing up in Aus and do you have a large family?
Gear: As I mentioned, Australia is great. It can get a bit "warm" sometimes but you get used to it. Honestly I can't imagine having a better growing up elsewhere. I'm in a country where options and opportunities are just about endless, so I am definitely not gonna complain. I am just happy that I was fortunate enough that life has pushed my way what it has because I know there is a lot of improper growing up around the world. As for family, I don't have an overly huge family but there's still a few of us here.

marcus300: What are your current stats and are you happy with them?
Gear: At the moment I am a 105kg, about 15%BF and my height is 193cm. Yes I am happy with my stats. My training has changed dramatically over the years. My bodybuilding days are over, it just doesn't interest me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still train, but it's more about feeling good and looking fit. I have lost about 15kg and feel awesome. This helps me with my basketball + surfing. As you can see in my display picture, my arms are a size of a toothpick lol , but I am happy!

Members question: What were your best stats?
Gear: When I was 21 I was a 105kg and about 10%BF. When I was 26 I was a 125kg and 14% BF. By the way I am 6'3, about 193cm.

marcus300: You missed out your age in your stats!!! does this mean you an old fuker like me?
Gear: LOL... let's just say I'll be very satisfied if I look the way you do by the time I reach your age

marcus300: What do you do for a living?
Gear: I work in the security industry as a security trainer/instructor. I basically provide training for just about any type of security work such as security guarding, crowd control, bodyguarding, close and personal protection, self defense, hand to hand combat, firearms training, body language recognition, and the list goes on and on. I am also currently looking at being involved with a group who provide anti terrorism training which covers a wide range of topics related to security. I've been working in the security industry for over 10yrs now.

marcus300: Your job sounds very interesting, what other jobs have you done over the years?
Gear: Yes I enjoy what I do, and since I provide training in so many different fields of security I am always doing something different. This prevents my job from getting boring and doing the same thing over and over again. I am also a personal trainer but I haven't been involved in that line of work for a while as I am busy with my current job. Apart from that, I actually had a security company for about 5yrs, but I ended up selling that a while ago. So that's pretty much all I've done over the last 10yrs+ in regards to work.

marcus300: Are you married and do you have any children?
Gear: No not married, and no I don't have any children as much as I love kids!

marcus300: When did you first start bodybuilding?
Gear: I started training around the age of 16 from what I remember. I started to lose interest specifically for bodybuilding about 3 years ago and begun fitness training.

marcus300: What kind of cycles do you run?
Gear: Well, to put it bluntly, I used to use everything. The more the better, that was my motto (typical eh?). At the moment I'll only use HGH and I refuse to use anything else. I don't need anything else since my goals have changed, so I use HGH when I can. I don't think I'll ever use AAS again, but I sure have had some great experiences with AAS use. R.I.P AAS!

marcus300: Would you say AAS had a positive or negative effect on your life?
Gear: Health wise I am good to go, so in terms of health I can't say it has had a negative effect on me. So I guess I was lucky in that department... lucky for now anyway. Who knows what effects could arise later in life though (*knock on wood). In general, I believe steroids has had a good impact on my life. It has shown me what I can achieve that I could never achieve naturally, and it has shown me if it's something that's worth doing at all. I've learned a lot about training, dieting and about myself throughout AAS use. All these are extras, and extra knowledge and experience in life is never a bad thing. Let's just hope I don't end up paying for it later down the track.

marcus300: Have you fully recovered from your previous cycles you use to run, hrt at all?
Gear: Yes I definitely have, but no I never did HRT!

Members question: Have you ever competed?
Gear: No I have never competed but that was certainly one of the wishes at the top of my list throughout my bodybuilding career. I've had some issues with my back and this slowed me down dramatically.

Members question:What is your best body part?
Gear: My chest and my traps, no question about it. People used to and still to this day comment on those two body parts.

marcus300: What kind of training do you use and whats your diet like?
Gear: I do lots of cardio, about 45min power walking 5 x per week. I also play basketball once per week which is a bit of extra cardio for me. In terms of weights, I still follow the same training protocol as I always have but I don't dead-lift and I don't do squats as I've had issues with my back. I also don't lift heavy like I used to, it's more medium weight for me these days. My training sessions are also much shorter now-days. I train weights for about 25min.
Don't ask about my current diet lol. At the moment I don't feel a 100%. In the last month I've had an ear infection, a non-stop stomach bug, had a tooth pulled out and severe headaches. I seriously thought I was going to fall apart :/. I am starting to feel a lot better since last week though, but at the moment I am not training therefore my diet is horrible. It consists of pizza, McDonalds, ice cream, chocolate etc etc... Ohh, I ate a carrot tonight . Otherwise, when I'm 100% I usually follow a fairly balanced diet but I allow myself to eat a bit of junk over the weekend. I have found eating a bit of junk over the weekend doesn't effect me.

marcus300: What advice would you give someone new just starting out in this field?
Gear: Research, research and more research. Research about proper training, proper dieting, research any compound before use. Don't inject then ask questions later. Stay off gear for as long as possible. Accept the fact that the gaining process is always lengthy, nothing happens over night. And believe that your body can achieve so much naturally. The longer you stay off gear and the more you achieve naturally the better gains and health you will have down the track. And never put anything before your health! I know a lot of us don't have patience, but if you want to do this properly I believe my advice is wise. I know this is hypocritical by me, but if I had my current knowledge when I first started training I definitely would have done things differently!

marcus300: If there was one compound you could use for ever what would it be, hgh?
Gear: You hit the nail right on the head with that one. HGH it is! But as I said, no crazy doses for me, I'll leave that one for you . Lower doses for well being benefits will do me just fine!

marcus300:I've tried many different protocols with GH, what would you say is the best to follow in general?
Gear: Use the search function, lol. Just kidding mate. Ohh geez, I must have answered this question a million times in the GH forum so I'll try and keep it short. I don't think there is an official answer for this because there are so many different things that must be taken into account. Not only that, but so many different protocols all seem to work. Then it depends on the individual and any particular condition(s) the individual may have and so on... But speaking from experience, I would say lower doses of HGH perhaps 5 times per week seem to deliver an effect for everybody with minimum sides. Usually not only will this protocol aid with fat loss and perhaps bit of muscle gain, but will also deliver well being benefits. All benefits + minimal sides is something you can't beat. It's certainly my favourite way of using HGH but do take into account I am not a bodybuilder.

marcus300: With all the other peptides on the market have you ever come across anything what worked as good as their claims?
Gear: Nahh mate, I definitely haven't. It's all marketing and business mate. I am sure they may be effective to some extent but most peptides these days are over exaggerated with the exception of HGH of course. That's my opinion anyway.

Members question: what is the youngest age you feel like one should start hgh if diet/workout routine is good?
Gear: Well, it seems that the gaining process starts to become a bit lengthy around the age of 30 (and I am generally speaking by the way). This has a lot to do with the amount of HGH your body is producing. And unfortunately this only gets worse and worse as we age. This being the case, I would say anywhere between 30 and 35 is a good age to start HGH.

marcus300: If you could re-live an event in your life, what would it be and why?Gear: Mate I really don't know how to answer this one. I've had many amazing experiences in my life that I am having troubles choosing a particular one.

marcus300: You cant get out of it that easy! I will ask slightly different...if you could re-live a couple of events in your past which one's would you go back to, name as many as you like we have all the time in the world?
Gear: I would definitely like to re-live some moments with my grandfather and my grandmother, I always thought I never spent enough time with them before they past away.

Members question: What has been the saddest moment in your life?
Gear: My dad was in a war zone for some time. He was sent to some of the most heated locations in the country. This was a worry not just for me but also for my family too, and the thought and the feeling of never seeing my dad again is something words canot describe.

marcus300: Many years ago you was on here all the time, how come you don't post a lot anymore?
Gear: There is a few reasons for that. First reason is my availability. I know in the past few years I've gone through phases where I was so busy I didn't have time to scratch my a$$ therefore my time on S.com was limited. Also, years ago I went through a phase where I kept on repeating myself over and over again every single day, sometimes multiple times per day because some members didn't use the search function. These days I don't repeat myself as much so perhaps that's why you're seeing a lot less of my posts. But don't worry I am still here overlooking and controlling the playground

Members question: Have you ever taken rec drugs?
Gear: No I never have. I grew up around druggies and junkies and seen worst of the worst when it comes to drugs. Just about every single of my friends were/are users but I never have. I guess it's never been my field of interest. I actually don't even drink alcohol.

Members question: What are your hobbies outside training/bodybuilding?
Gear: I play basketball and have been since I was about 12. When I was 16 I played rep ball but begun bodybuilding soon after that therefore gave up basketball. I still play now and enjoy it as much as I used to, except I play in a much lower league. I also go surfing quite often (usually every Sunday morning). This is something I also enjoy doing. And as of recent, I've been quite interested in professional photographing. At the moment I am in the process of trying to choose which camera to buy so I am looking forward to this new experience.

marcus300: Have you ever travelled? if so where have you visited and where would you most like to go?
Gear: Speaking of travelling, I am currently in Austria, Vienna. I have some family and friends here. I will be staying here till the end of the year. I absolutely love it here, don't be surprised if we become not too distant neighbours . Apart from that, I haven't been anywhere else. Travelling doesn't do much for me. I am only here for the family and friends.

marcus300: Which members would you most like to meet?
Gear: Hrmm, this is a difficult question to answer. You are certainly one of them Marcus as I've always had regular contact with you either through PM or via threads, and you've always been nothing but a gentleman towards me. Does that sound gay? Hope not lol... I really can't give you a firm answer mate. All members here are interesting in one way or another so in a way they all keep me curious.

Members question: If you could have any plastic surgery you wanted, what would you have done?
Gear: Actually, I've already had my nose done due to one too many beatings across it. So now it doesn't look like I've been hit with the hammer a 100 times . As for what surgery I would get done, I never thought of this but if I could choose a free surgical procedure then I would definitely get some abs. I've always had a flat stomach but never had abs... sorry ladies!

Members question: Why did you pick Gear as your screen name?
Gear: When I joined S.com 7 years ago (or AR.com) I was a huge gear-head so the first thing that popped up in my mind was Gear.

marcus300: Do you have any tattoo's lol?
Gear:only have one tattoo located on my a$$, and it says "Marcus300"

marcus300: Rumour as it you cried like a baby when getting your first tattoo, I personally didn't believe it but I heard it from a good source would you ever have any facial tattoos?
Gear: Mate first half an hour was a walk in the park, but after that it starts to hurt like hell especially along the chest and under arms. Crying like a baby is an understatement lol. No I wouldn't get any facial tattoos, it's a bit much IMO.

marcus300: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Gear: I see some upcoming changes. Perhaps a family and a life that's a bit more on a quiter side. I can definitely see myself living a typical family life, well it's something that I am looking forward to at least, but whether it happens or not i beyond me! I'll still be here though

marcus300: 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
Gear: Happiness, health and success. Three one of most important factors in life .

marcus300: I've always respected you immensely and its been a pleasure to interview you, I wish you well for the future my friend.
Gear: Likewise my friend, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of the S.com member interviews.