Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd Banks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

Thumbs up Lloyd Banks

Anyone purchase the Hunger For More album?

I know we don't have a lot of rap fans here, but for the ones that do exist, this shyt is pretty hyped, I must say.

Your ghetto keep-it-real Diet Guru,

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Nah I haven't heard it yet..... but Mase is back lol. Welcome back welcome back welcome back lol

To me = who cares who cares who cares lol

<<LMO>>

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    i have had it about a month before it came out...not to much into it... i think the hype was greater than the talent tthat actually came out on this album...i will only listen to G-unit mixtapes with dj whoo kid from now on cuz they fell of...

Quote Originally Posted by LilVito469
    i have had it about a month before it came out...not to much into it... i think the hype was greater than the talent tthat actually came out on this album...i will only listen to G-unit mixtapes with dj whoo kid from now on cuz they fell of...
    At least you've heard it bro, thanks for the feedback.

~SC~

no problem bro...anyitme u needa talk about rap u lemme know cuz im a big fan...never got into rock or techno or any of that garbage...but if you want to hear a REALLY god album..try to find camron the purple haze mixtape or i can possibly upload it to you...not much into camron but that mixtape is FIRE

Quote Originally Posted by LilVito469
    no problem bro...anyitme u needa talk about rap u lemme know cuz im a big fan...never got into rock or techno or any of that garbage...but if you want to hear a REALLY god album..try to find camron the purple haze mixtape or i can possibly upload it to you...not much into camron but that mixtape is FIRE
    I'm down like 4 flat tires...........let me know! Thanks!

~SC~

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    We on fire, up in here. It's burning hot we on fire! So take it off it it gets to hot, up in this slot, we on fire!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah i had it for a while also.. i think hes hot but i consider the album a flop.. compared to his features and mixtapes.. the album is okay at most.. i think the new jadakiss is better then the banks album..

the champ is here is an awesome mixtape too with dj whoo kid

Farmer is offline Member
    Man lloyd banks album is "on fire" pun intended...Seriously out of the 16 or so tracks I love all but maybe 2. Its been playing in my car for the past 2 weeks and I still like it.

Peace

Farmer

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Ah, it's okay. Nothing special. I have a tonne of mixtapes also, the best being from Dj Vlad and Clinton Sparx. Plus, I have a few mixtapes of my own.

I listen to more of the oldschool stuff when I work out. Swole, you familiar with Cocoa Brovaz (formerly Smiff N Wessun). Maaaaaaaaaaan oh man, their first album "Da Shinin'" is off the hook. Gets me pumped up to work out everytime I listen to it.

helios is offline Associate Member
    Rude Awakening was also really good...too bad BCC fell off

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I have it also and it kicks ass IMHO!

OG

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    i will get a copy this weekend.....let you know what i think next week

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    to be completly honest, i cant stand this guys voice. it sounds like he smokes way to freaking much, and because of that i cant get into any song he's making

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    to be completly honest, i cant stand this guys voice. it sounds like he smokes way to freaking much, and because of that i cant get into any song he's making

Its monotonous. If youre going to talk about how cool you are, at least be enthusiastic about it. Raw emotion is one of the things that makes music better than just speaking.

Fame is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

I know we don't have a lot of rap fans here, but for the ones that do exist, this shyt is pretty hyped, I must say.

~SC~
    heard it...dont like at all... Gay-Unit is just trying to live on the hype of 50 so they'll all get deals, but i dont think Lloyd banks has skills
    i wouldnt tell anyone to purchase it...there is so much better stuff out there

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Ah, it's okay. Nothing special. I have a tonne of mixtapes also, the best being from Dj Vlad and Clinton Sparx. Plus, I have a few mixtapes of my own.

I listen to more of the oldschool stuff when I work out. Swole, you familiar with Cocoa Brovaz (formerly Smiff N Wessun). Maaaaaaaaaaan oh man, their first album "Da Shinin'" is off the hook. Gets me pumped up to work out everytime I listen to it.
    +Nas illmatic
    Mobb deep infamous
    and any beatnuts

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fame
    and any beatnuts

..my man.

Gay-Unit is just trying to live on the hype of 50 so they'll all get deals, but i dont think Lloyd banks has skills
    Ouch......tell that to N.Y. City for the last 3-4 years. W/out backing and support from his home city, he'd have flopped.

Now he's sittin' on millions.............The man is doing something right. Ladies love his voice, he has a diff. appeal, h*ll who am I kidding, he's doing his thing.........he's a P.I.M.P.

Not everyone is going to like his works, I know that, so all is good there.

~SC~

Ouch......tell that to N.Y. City for the last 3-4 years. W/out backing and support from his home city, he'd have flopped.

Now he's sittin' on millions.............The man is doing something right. Ladies love his voice, he has a diff. appeal, h*ll who am I kidding, he's doing his thing.........he's a P.I.M.P.

Not everyone is going to like his works, I know that, so all is good there.

~SC~
    Um, i do live in NYC...doesnt mean i have to think he's good. There are many many many people here who think its garbage. I'd also argue the 'sittin on millions ' statement unless i saw some facts backing that up, we all have seen the documentaries on how much money rappers 'really' have, and make off albums..and its almost nothing in the end, the money is in the concerts, and he's still starting out, so i dont think he qualifies as 'bling bling' status yet (Puffy, Eminem, Jay Z)....
    Hey, those ATL dudes are rollin on dubs and making 'millions' but doesnt mean they are really talented.
    plus getting support in 'your home city' is basic...getting support overseas, accross country, accross ethnic boundries, etc. is where its at !

lloyd > 50 and if you think diffrent you must be on crack..

banks is a insanely ill with his punch lines. 50 is getting too much exposure and soon will be tommorow news, if not already. im from queens and i seen 50 on stage before he blew up or before how to rob.. i liked him more then then i do now.. his album is thight and all but i like power of a dollar more. my top five go as fallows.. jay, nas, em, talib, tupac... in no particular order.. im not a huge biggie fan so please spare the drama..

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    i know the G UNIT compact disk is pretty dope, and i like lloyd banks so i imagine its pretty good

Yup, to each his own for sure. He's doing it "abroad" as well, so that's no issue.
    I also never suggested the ENTIRE city of N.Y. was behind him, you'll never find that anywhere even in Houston w/Flip, but for those that "matter" to his success, he's got that sewn up.

That is actually what matters.

~SC~

mfenske is offline Member
    I haven't had the chance to get Lloyd Banks' album yet, heard a little on XM so far and what I've heard is good. Lately I've been listening to a little of the midwest guys like Twista and Kanye West. I saw Kanye West in concert in Jamaica, that was cool. One of the radio stations WGCI came down for it and they brought Kanye and his whole crew. It was awesome. Mark

mistasmif is offline Junior Member
    I'll cop that album for free on iRC!

medic23 is offline Associate Member
    Havent heard the album but he has some bad ass tattoos on his hands. What abuot that new goodie, anyone heard that?

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    i think his albulm is pretty good but i think alot of people are comparing it to 50's get rich or die trying and that is why they say it isn't good.That is not fair because get rich or die trying was a bad a** record. i think his voice is cool but i like young bucks voice better.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member

~SC~
    Are you serious, if you think he is even somewhat talented, I feel sorry for your mother. He is absolutly terrible. TERRIBLE

H-BOL is offline Associate Member
    Nas is sick......... go watch the movie Belly brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    Are you serious, if you think he is even somewhat talented, I feel sorry for your mother. He is absolutly terrible. TERRIBLE
    Look bruh, say what you wish about my taste, but you should refrain from making comments about my mother and personal attacks. You have no need to feel sorry for her, she's extremely proud of her son and what he's accomplished.

You have your opinion about who is terrible and who isn't just as everyone else, who gives a sh*t. You are entitled to your opinion.

However, you can f*ck off w/that mother stuff, you don't know me like that.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 07-02-2004 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistasmif
    I'll cop that album for free on iRC!

wow your like sooooo cool!@ Can like i be your friend..?!

mass junkie is offline banned
    I'll always love West coast **** more...except for mos def ..... East coasters just say "yo" way too much

you get what im saying yo?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

~SC~

Lloyd banks is the ****! that boy can flow. You have to check out www.djgreenlatern.com He's Ems DJ and he has shady, aftermath and the g-unit crews on his mixtapes. Also check out http://www.oasn.net/quoruc/ you can get some real fat mix tapes to bump in the caddy!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I'll always love West coast **** more...except for mos def ..... East coasters just say "yo" way too much

you get what im saying yo?

Southern Rap: From the window to the wall.. to the sweat drip down my balls!

yo!

heard it...dont like at all... Gay-Unit is just trying to live on the hype of 50 so they'll all get deals, but i dont think Lloyd banks has skills
    i wouldnt tell anyone to purchase it...there is so much better stuff out there
    bro are you kiddin me sayin that? if y ou know anything you would know g-unit has had about a good 30 mixtapes out on the streets over the years and if u heard any of them you would think other wise about lloyd banks' lyrics bein sloppy...but it does get tiring of hearing the same thing over and over again...i personally like underground like necro because when you buy his album for 14 bucks he makes 11 out of it, your actually supporting the artist not to mention he has the sickest beats around and hes under his own label

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    ive had this cd for a few weeks now... i love piracy. but i thought it was a disappointment. imo, banks is one of the best in the game for punchlines, and his punchlines werent as sharp as what i have grown accustomed to. this will likely be bangin' over the summer, but only because there isnt really anything new that is better.

lyrics - 7/10
    beats - 8.5/10
    playing loud in residential ability - 8.5/10 (too many other ****bags have this cd by now)

Quote Originally Posted by H-BOL
    Nas is sick......... go watch the movie Belly brothers
    DMX and Nas are sick in that movie.

Look bruh, say what you wish about my taste, but you should refrain from making comments about my mother and personal attacks. You have no need to feel sorry for her, she's extremely proud of her son and what he's accomplished.

You have your opinion about who is terrible and who isn't just as everyone else, who gives a sh*t. You are entitled to your opinion.

However, you can f*ck off w/that mother stuff, you don't know me like that.

~SC~
    No need to get hostile, it is a difference of opinion. But come on I would rather listen to LeAnn Rymes than fuc.kin lloyd banks. He is about as good at rapping as Lil Bow Wow. If you get this hyped about a bogus cd, ****! Just a bunch of NY drug dealers riding Dre's beats. The ga ga ga ga ga G-unit is the worst thing for rap since Vanilla Ice released Hard to swollow in 1998.
    Last edited by Rhino58; 07-03-2004 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    No need to get hostile, it is a difference of opinion. But come on I would rather listen to LeAnn Rymes than fuc.kin lloyd banks. He is about as good at rapping as Lil Bow Wow. If you get this hyped about a bogus cd, ****! Just a bunch of NY drug dealers riding Dre's beats. The ga ga ga ga ga G-unit is the worst thing for rap since Vanilla Ice released Hard to swollow in 1998.
    Hostility was never needed/exemplified by me, if it were you'd feel it.

I simply asked you to keep my mother out of your posts while you give your opinions on music. That's a complete dis-respectful NON-SEQUITOR and has no relevance to your post. I could say that fact that you think LB is whack, man, your dad must be Gay, straight frutier than a basket of apples. Does that add to my argument/opinion? NO. Does it insult you and your family? YES. Therefore, it's a bad choice of words.

Basic instructions and abiding by the rules, give it a shot.

~SC~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information